C Peyton Krebs - Winnipeg Ice, WHL (2019, 17th, VGK) | Trade to BUF

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
His goal was nothing special this morning but he was crashing the net and thats where good things happen. His draft stock has to be going up this tournament so far. He can absolutely fly too

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Using this tournament to show he belongs firmly in the top 10 and has been Canada's best and most complete player so far. I'd be more than fine if the Avs took him at 4 tbh
Same here pretty much. I don't see many ffellow av fans talk about him much to bad he wasn't on a better team does hes project as a future nhl C? or w?

Reactions: timothy jimothy
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Haven’t seen much of either. Just watched the full game last night and then Krebs seemed way quicker on his feet
As someone who feels torn between two excellent prospects, my take is that Cozens is gassed at this point in the season. He's only capable of bursts of speed and is gliding a lot, which is not at all his normal game. He seems to want to get open and score while someone else is doing the battling, and his linemates don't seem too into that idea. That line in general hasn't been the best, IMO.

Which I think is a credit to Krebs, in a way, because Kootenay relied on him to play a huge role all year long and he's still good to go 100%.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
As someone who feels torn between two excellent prospects, my take is that Cozens is gassed at this point in the season. He's only capable of bursts of speed and is gliding a lot, which is not at all his normal game. He seems to want to get open and score while someone else is doing the battling, and his linemates don't seem too into that idea. That line in general hasn't been the best, IMO.

Which I think is a credit to Krebs, in a way, because Kootenay relied on him to play a huge role all year long and he's still good to go 100%.

That’s just who Krebs is. He doesn’t have it in him to take a shift off. Pretty similar in style and attitude to Larkin

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
His goal was nothing special this morning but he was crashing the net and thats where good things happen. His draft stock has to be going up this tournament so far. He can absolutely fly too
That's what is so great about Krebs game. He's similar to guys like O'Reilly and Bergeron because he doesn't make any flashy plays, but he truly plays hard and doesn't give up turnovers easily which is so important. Watching the NHL playoffs, players like Stone, Hertl, and Landeskog are so key to winning. Difficult players to play against because they create turnovers and don't give the puck away. Strong players with quick sticks and high hockey sense should be high 1st round picks everyday because it is almost a guarantee they will contribute to your top 6.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Yeah I agree.

My comparison was a pass first Marchand type, minus the dirty plays and licks.

He still has a solid wrister, just needs to add power behind it and shoot more.

Marchand's got a wicked wrister. Krebs has a nice snap shot especially close/mid range. But as his shot is now, I don't see him beating NHL goalies from far out with regularity, like Marchand can.

I keep thinking a less gritty Mike Richards. I guess pass first Marchand is along the same lines.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Marchand's got a wicked wrister. Krebs has a nice snap shot especially close/mid range. But as his shot is now, I don't see him beating NHL goalies from far out with regularity, like Marchand can.

I keep thinking a less gritty Mike Richards. I guess pass first Marchand is along the same lines.

I like a Mike Richards type of player comparison, with less physicality, which may not be a bad thing. I always thought that Richards played bigger than his body could allow.

Big Krebs fan, I like Krebs and Turcotte over Dach/Cozens at the top of the draft (behind Hughes, Kakko, and perhaps Byram).

Button compared him to Ryan O'Reilly in terms of his awareness and hockey IQ.

Last edited:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I like the marchand comparison a lot

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
It stands out that no matter who he is out there with he is the one driving the bus, his team does not enter or exit the zone without it going through him. One of the best neutral zone players in the draft. Thats why I've seen him as a centre at the next level, even though I think he also would work as a play driving winger. NHL level passer too, elite at finding the hole through defenders bodies and sticks. Have had him as the top WHLer in the draft since December even as someone who really likes Dach and Byram.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I like a Mike Richards type of player comparison, with less physicality, which may not be a bad thing. I always thought that Richards played bigger than his body could allow.

Big Krebs fan, I like Krebs and Turcotte over Dach/Cozens at the top of the draft (behind Hughes, Kakko, and perhaps Byram).

Button compared him to Ryan O'Reilly in terms of his awareness and hockey IQ.

Yeah I can see it but he won't be ROR in the NHL b/c of his size. Personally I have Dach/Turcotte ahead of Cozens/Krebs. But Cozens/Krebs are both in the same area for me (late top 10).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->