C Peter Reynolds - Chilliwack Chiefs, BCHL (2021 undrafted)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Plenty of talk about Reynolds in the 2021 NHL Draft thread and 2019 QMJHL Draft thread but figured he deserves his own thread now that he's headed from Shattuck's to Chilliwack and should get some more exposure.

Speedy center with great playmaking, put up some terrific stats while with SSM and was arguably one of the top 2-3 Q prospects for the recent draft with Joshua Roy and Justin Robidas. Sounds like St. John's would have taken him #1 if he had committed (correct me if I'm wrong here). They ended up taking a flyer in the second round but as things stands, it looks to be Chilliwack --> Boston College for Reynolds.

His progress will be interesting to watch vis-a-vis another super dynamic Atlantic Canadian pivot who ended up out west in the BCHL, Alex Newhook. Newhook has played two years for Victoria and is now off to Boston College. Seems like Reynolds will be spending two years in Chilliwack before making the same journey. Reynolds is basically exactly two years behind Newhook in age and progress and around the same size although not as filled out.

I think TPE has him as a top 10 prospect for the 2021 draft, or at least very highly rated.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
He'll be at the Sea Dogs camp in a fun little turn of events. Still maintains his NCAA eligibility throughout camp, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when that's over.

Reactions: Dominance

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Just scored his first Q goal, congrats.

Sucks that SeaDogs are still bad, thou they have 5 top young prospects there for this season
Poirier, Villeneuve, Burns, MacDonald and Reynolds.

So not sure what's going on, terrible coaching, goaltending???

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Here is my scouting notes on his performance on October 9th 2020 for anyone interested. I take a closer look at his good and worst moments.

What is the draft projection? 3rd round?

He reminds me of TJ. I like the back checking effort. Small but has very good skating burst/change of direction and skilled

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We've gone through 6 rounds and Reynolds still hasn't been drafted...

Sacrilegious.

Reactions: MBH

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
The Flames would have definitely had good eyes on him with two of their prospects also being on St. John this year. Definitely a little odd that he wasn’t drafted.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I’m shocked he wasn’t drafted. Is there something character-wise people haven’t talked about? Is there something hockey sense/defensive liability issue there no one is talking about?

Reactions: Hockey Know it all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad