C Otto Somppi - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2016, 206th, TBL)

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Should be a good option for Tampa if they need to dump some cap heavy players in the next couple of years. Good 3rd or 4th line centre.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
No more Zadina :naughty:

Really tho, this kid stood out a ton in Zadina highlights. Wonder if Tampa has another player.
Ha ya don't ever think that Zadina out performed Somppi last year. Lavoie wasn't bad out there with them either. To bad about the finger. I was wondering what was up with him. Might take a couple years but he should be a solid player in Tampas mid or bottom six. Hope anyway. He never got the recognition he deserved here in Halifax. Nor team Finland U-20 for that matter

Last edited:

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Otto is a pretty slick player. I watched this one live. My son and I talk about the goal a lot. It's one of my most memorable moments in Moosehead history. He has some great shootout moves as well. Hopefully Yzerman tries to get him and Zadina back together in Detroit someday

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What happened to his point production this year?
The center depth in Syracuse wasn’t good last season with Ross Colton making the NHL and Gemel Smith on the taxi squad. Because of that he moved up the lineup and played next to Katchouk and Raddysh who were both producing over a point per game, and now also in the NHL.

Center depth is better this year in Syracuse and it’s hard for him to unseat guys in the top 6 who are consistently producing like Charles Hudon or Gabriel Dumont.

Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
The center depth in Syracuse wasn’t good last season with Ross Colton making the NHL and Gemel Smith on the taxi squad. Because of that he moved up the lineup and played next to Katchouk and Raddysh who were both producing over a point per game, and now also in the NHL.

Center depth is better this year in Syracuse and it’s hard for him to unseat guys in the top 6 who are consistently producing like Charles Hudon or Gabriel Dumont.

Thank you for this detailed answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->