C Oscar Back - Farjestad BK, SWE JRs (2018, 75th, DAL)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Big two-way center with good hockey sense, a mature defensive game and some offensive skill. Weak skater and not a particularly dynamic player but still a quality prospect. Will be curious to see just how those two aspects of his game (skating and offensive play) will look in the coming season.

Represented Sweden internationally last year both in the U17's and U18 worlds. Will play for Sweden at the Ivan Hlinka tournament in a couple of weeks. Have to assume he'll get a number of games in SHL this coming year too.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He played 14 games with Farjestad's SHL team and didn't put up a point. Played okay, but nothing came up. He did play good in the SuperElit though, with 32 points in 38 games. At this point, he's a 3rd rounder for me. He really needs to work on his skating, as it's looked sluggish in recent viewings.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He played 14 games with Farjestad's SHL team and didn't put up a point. Played okay, but nothing came up. He did play good in the SuperElit though, with 32 points in 38 games. At this point, he's a 3rd rounder for me. He really needs to work on his skating, as it's looked sluggish in recent viewings.

I'm surprised you rate Bäck higher than Ginning, especially since you ding Ginnings lack of offense. Bäck has even less offense to his game. I see him as a bigger Anton Lander pretty much. Just not fast or skilled enough to be anything more than a #4C in the NHL. I wouldn't take him earlier than the 4th round.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I'm surprised you rate Bäck higher than Ginning, especially since you ding Ginnings lack of offense. Bäck has even less offense to his game. I see him as a bigger Anton Lander pretty much. Just not fast or skilled enough to be anything more than a #4C in the NHL. I wouldn't take him earlier than the 4th round.
I trust you over me when it comes to Pure Swedes like these considering I probably don’t watch them as much as you do. I saw a little bit of offense potential when watching Back. I’m hoping he can explore a little more and gain some skills. Ginning I’ve never been big on so maybe I have a small bias, I couldn’t tell ya.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Well since that lost post he got drafted by the Stars and made the team. That's what we call flying under the radar.

Stars fans, enlighten us on him. Could he be in the same mold as Jacob De La Rose for exemple?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Well since that lost post he got drafted by the Stars and made the team. That's what we call flying under the radar.

Stars fans, enlighten us on him. Could he be in the same mold as Jacob De La Rose for exemple?
Will most likely get sent down as soon as Bishop goes onto LTIR, if I had to guess.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013

He will be sent down in the next couple of days, he's only up because of cap reasons. But another Swedish rookie in Jacob Peterson has made the team.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Will most likely get sent down as soon as Bishop goes onto LTIR, if I had to guess.

Yeah, he didn't actually make the team as far as we know. Peterson and Kiviranta have been sent down as a paper transaction to get below the cap and should get called up afterwards with Back and Dellandrea being sent to the AHL.

As far as Back goes, we'll have to see how he transitions to the North American ice, but I don't see the offensive instincts of an NHLer.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

de la rose is pretty physical. back is not physical at all

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Seems to be doing well in his first year in NA. Leading his AHL team in +/- and +7 (while most of his teammates are in the minuses) and 10 points in 18 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad