RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I wouldn't keep any hope of him falling to 11 :laugh:

While it's very unlikely he falls to 11, I can see a scenario that teams put a premium on center(Kotakanemi and Veleno) and defense and in that case somebody has to fall. Although in this scenario where center is a premium my guess is a defenseman drops to 11.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Don’t know why you’re laughing? I don’t have any hope of him falling at all and never stated that. I have him ranked 3rd overall.

So you just don't want the Rangers to get him?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Wahlstrom's combine pictures are quite good

oliver-wahlstrom-performs-at-the-jump-station-during-the-nhl-scouting-picture-id966125730
oliver-wahlstrom-performs-pullups-during-the-nhl-scouting-combine-on-picture-id966125220

He makes this face in almost all of his pictures. (page 4)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Don’t know why you’re laughing? I don’t have any hope of him falling at all and never stated that. I have him ranked 3rd overall.

As a curious fan who hasn’t seen much of Wahlstrom outside of the U-18’s, what makes you rank him that high? Who is a comparable? Someone like Danny Heatley minus those 2 years where he was a 50/100 player on the best line in hockey? A streaky goal scorer who can pot 30, has very good offensive IQ, and can protect the puck well?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
How does Wahlstrom compare to Owen Tippett as a prospect?

Wahlstrom is a more impressive prospect. Better hockey sense and puck skills (and doesn’t get tunnel vision like Tippett). Also clocked in bigger than Tippett at the Combine, and he’s also one of the younger forwards in his class, so he has a higher development ceiling.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Thats the sense I get too. Wahlstrom is alot more impressive, I know some people were high on Tippett last year so I thought I'd get some other opinions as they have similar size & skillsets.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Someone tell that kid to breathe when he's exerting!!!
Agreed... That's the first thing they teach you - You need to be breathing during exercise. This can cause serious damage.

Makes for good memes, though.

From watching the way he plays, I’d say absolutely not. He plays a very similiar style to laine and has a fantastic release like laine to boot
I think he's more of a close-range player than Laine is.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't even think Bergevin would attempt to turn him into a center. :sarcasm:
The yearly tradition of asking if players can be turned into centers when they haven't played it since either High-school or travel hockey.

I still remember this about Filip Forsberg.

If he wasn't good enough to beat out Jake Wise or Gruden for a center spot on the USNTDP team, the odds of him being able to be a successful NHL center are probably infinitesimal.

Last edited:

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Adding up every description of him I read, he sounds much like Pacioretty. Is that a decent comparison or am I missing something?

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
Someone tell that kid to breathe when he's exerting!!!

Can you imagine how good this kid will be when someone tells him to start breathing instead of holding on to his breath since the day he was born? Power level spike yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->