C Oleg Zaitsev - HK Tambov, VHL (2019 undrafted)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Zaitsev was recently the 17th pick in the import draft by Red Deer and has signed to come over. He's a player who I've liked when I saw him at the U17's as well as some MHL streams. He has a good combo of skill and size which causes issues for the opposing team. As of now he doesn't have any standout area of his game imo but also no weaknesses from what I've seen. Should adapt to the NA quickly as he plays a similar style and could be a high pick in a very deep WHL class for the 2019 draft.

Oleg Zaitsev at eliteprospects.com

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He played really well and was creating a lot of chances which is a really good sign this early on. Was also making plenty of friends on the Oil Kings with his physical play and had a couple interactions after the whistle. He was used as the 1C in every situation

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Was awesome tonight in a winning effort in OT. Scored a goal late in the 3rd that looked to be the winner but instead had to assist on the OT winner to Alexeyev. I've really liked how he hasn't changed his style at all coming over from Russia and still plays an edgy in your face game. Not getting much attention yet but with him being a PPG player as well as his all around game I like him just as much as Hayton last year.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Was really good tonight setting up teammates left and right on his way to 2 assists and a force defensively. Also had his 1st fight with fellow import Daniil Stepanov. Had a good move in the SO for a goal too and back up to PPG

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Started the year really well (19 points in his first 18 games) before falling off a cliff (5-12-17 in his last 38).

Speedy center who plays a more involved/gritty game than you’d expect. But not really a great finisher and not really a ton of offensive upside moving up levels. Projects as a bottom-6 center if he makes it. Probable 4th-5th rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad