How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This ends the citizenship discussion:

Никита Александров: «Немцы пытались призвать меня в сборную, даже паспорт сделали. Но моя мечта – играть за Россию»

He was offered german citizenship and declined because he would have to give up the russian one.

He always wanted to play for Russia.

Yes, that is true for this case, but you said that there is no automatic citizenship in Germany in general (unless I misinterpreted what you were saying in which case I apologize). And that is just not true anymore. There is now automatic citizenship in Germany for children born in Germany to non-German parents if certain requirements are met.
If you think that is not true we will just have to agree to disagree, because I trust the information from the German government on this and the current rule is quote:

Auch wenn beide Elternteile keine deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit besitzen, gilt:
Wenn ihr Kind in Deutschland geboren wird, ist es automatisch mit der Geburt Deutsche oder Deutscher, wenn bestimmte Voraussetzungen erfüllt sind.
Liegen diese Voraussetzungen bei Vater oder Mutter vor, sind keine zusätzlichen Anträge nötig. Das Kind wird automatisch bei Geburt Deutsche oder Deutscher.

Source: Das Geburtsortsprinzip

Translation:
Even if both parents do not have German citizenship the following applies:
If your child is born in Germany it is automaticall German citizen at birth if certain requirements are met.
If either father or mother fulfil these requirements, no further applications are necessary. The child becomes German citizen automatically at birth.

But back on topic:
I think Nikita has a pretty good chance to carve out a nice career in the NHL. He has the the tools to be effective as either a middle six or bottom six forward. I am really curious how he will handle the Blues training camp and what he will look like against players already in or closer to the NHL.

Reactions: snipes

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Im more interested about the player rather than his citizenship situation which seems to be taking over this thread.

What are his weaknesses? Who are some NHL comparables?
Solid two-way player, puck hound, and is very good around the opposing net even if isn't physically opposing (also has a very good shot). I wouldn't say he has a lot of weaknesses besides perhaps not capitalising on some of the chances he gets, but I wouldn't say he has top end dynamic talent as well. He will be a great player to put behind the 1st line centre and will be a very accomplished two-way 2nd/3rd line centre.

Reminds me of Ryan O'Reilly/Tomas Hertl type of player.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
As for the latter part of your post Germany does grant peope with german roots citizenship under some regulations too, as does Russia for people with russian roots. It's pretty common.

I am pretty sure they intruduced some additionel requirements to German citizenship for kids who were born to German parents outside the country bye now. So someone like Olie Kolzig probably wouldn't get to have German citizenship at this point (unless he's a worldclass athlete that would help the country)

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Is he a potential top 6 guy? I thought he was supposed to be more middle six, third line type of guy but he had points in every game.

It's starting to get interesting for him... but the #s aren't there yet imo. I'd feel better about him being there already if he'd put up 1.2ppg by overcoming a big rut in his gamelog, but it seems consistent so far.

Personally I do like him and think he can get there by the end of the year - but #s wise....:

1.2ppg is still what Lavoie did in his draft year last year (both same age, Lavoie's now up to 1.5ppg)

Here are 9 player seasons from the last 3 and a half years of guys Alexandrov's current age (or 6 months younger) who did 1.1ppg to 1.2ppg.... from youngest to oldest). It's not super exciting company for T6 upside.

Alexander Khovanov (2019)
D'Artagnan Joly (2018)
Mikhail Abramov (2020)
Antoine Morand (2018)
Gabriel Fortier (2019)
Benoit-Olivier Groulx (2019)
Maxime Fortier (2017)
Julien Gauthier (2017)
Nikita Alexandrov (2020)

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
He is Lars Eller lol even looks like him. Seems like a great pick at 62nd overall.

Luv me some Bill Armstrong

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Wish he was on a Memorial Cup contending team so I could evaluate him better but he's pretty good! Love the guy and can easily see him in a Blues jersey I can just picture it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->