C Nikita Alexandrov (2019, 62nd, STL)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Russian ethnicity, but German born forward is the son of Igor Alexandrov. His brother, Artjom currently plays in the MHL, but neither brother has played for an international country yet. In Nikita's case, I don't think he's eligible for Russia as his history goes only so far back in Germany and certain sites say he played youth hockey in the Iserlohner organization.

Has posted some ridiculous stats in Deutschland and currently has 2 points in 2 games while being an underager. He's more on the average side of the frame being at only 5'10" (178 cm), but weighs at an impressive 183 lbs (83 kg). His best skills from what I've seen, which I admit is not a lot is a superb and accurate shot. Not only that, but he also has a lot of intelligent play to know where to go into the open lanes. Though the video below shows he knows what plays to make at the best times. I think he needs to get a bit faster in regards to his skating and improve some play away from the puck. But there is some talent to like here for the 2019 draft. He reminds me of Tarasenko in being that sniping forward which can also pass the puck for an overall offencive threat.

Interview
http://charlottetownislanders.com/article/introducing-the-newest-islander-nikita-alexandrov

Stats
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=238111

Highlight (#14 @ 18 seconds)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Had a hattrick today versus Sherbrooke.

Still sort of streaky when it comes to putting up points, but has gotten some consistency lately. Has 9 points in 16 games.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
10 pts in 9 playoff games so far. Someone to keep an eye on for next year?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
10 pts in 9 playoff games so far. Someone to keep an eye on for next year?
Absolutely, might not be a first rounder, but his game got much more comfortable as the season went along. Because of that, the coach started trusting him in more and more situations. Some definite top end talent here and pretty productive season as an underager.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
12 points in 10 post season games so far, which puts him into 7th spot among all playoff skaters in the league.
All the other guys up there are like between 19 and 21. Looks like a promising kid

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He was one of the best players (with the younger Barron) last nights game.

They didn't use him at all, though, in the last 6 or so minutes of the third. So, they don't trust him defensively yet.

trueblue68

Feb 1, 2009
I've seen many islanders games this year including every playoff game and this kid is special. He seems to always be there whenever the team needs a goal and he either makes a big play to set a goal up or scores himself. He needs work defensively but you have to love his offensive game and his penchant for being a hero. Him and Brett budgell who is only 16 years old have very good chemistry and I cannot wait to see these two light up the league together in the next few seasons.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
First star tonight with 2 goals and 1 assist.

6 pts in his last 3 games.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's heating up in the Q and hearing that he's starting to make top 90 and top 60 lists.

Has it been clarified somewhere if he is eligible for Team Germany (in a couple of years of course)?
I think he's only eligible for Germany as of now. Not sure what country he see's himself, but if Germany wants him they gotta get him in their U20 junior team this year. Of course, after being potentially draft by an NHL team, he might go the MHL route and play two years in Russia making him eligible for their country.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Sounds like a name to watch for this draft. Maybe even a 1st rounder?

I would see him more like a 2nd or 3rd rounder right now, but if he picks up his pace like he did last season in the playoffs, he might rise even further, though 1st round seems unlikely to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like him, flying under the radar a little too much.

Q really gets overlooked it feels like.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad