C Nico Hischier - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2017, 1st, NJD) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Seriously, he's a monster.
It's a shame he won't have a calder chance without the PP points.
But after all, he's playing for team success not individual points or awards, it's very clear to see.

Developed into a true #1 NHL Center in his first year, can't ask for much more.

into a 1st center ... of a good team ... that may loose to Philadelphia and Wash but systematicaly wipes out Tampa, Leafs or Pitsburgh. (except yesterday ... with some bouncing luck on the Pitsburgh side)

The kid is a difference maker. Even against the Malkin, Crosby , Mathews and alike lines.

and this being the youngest of the league !!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Sky's the limit for this kid. He is making elite level plays on a nightly basis due to his insanely high IQ. I see him turning into a Kopitar type monster as he ages.

Reactions: PrinceSexyHenrik

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Sky's the limit for this kid. He is making elite level plays on a nightly basis due to his insanely high IQ. I see him turning into a Kopitar type monster as he ages.
Anze's got 50 lbs on him lol. I think he'll be in the mold of Bergeron. Probably not quite as elite defensively but more offensive creativity. In 3-4 years he'll probably fill out to about 190, about the same height and weight as Bergeron.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Anze's got 50 lbs on him lol. I think he'll be in the mold of Bergeron. Probably not quite as elite defensively but more offensive creativity. In 3-4 years he'll probably fill out to about 190, about the same height and weight as Bergeron.
Ha yeah Bergeron would be a better overall comparison

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
into a 1st center ... of a good team ... that may loose to Philadelphia and Wash but systematicaly wipes out Tampa, Leafs or Pitsburgh. (except yesterday ... with some bouncing luck on the Pitsburgh side)

The kid is a difference maker. Even against the Malkin, Crosby , Mathews and alike lines.

and this being the youngest of the league !!
This is only his 2nd year on North American ice, the kid is insane!

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Passes Evgeni Malkin, William Nylander, Jeff Skinner and Clayton Keller into the top 20 for even strength points among rookies since the year 2000.

Tied now with Paul Stastny, Fillip Forsberg and Nathan Mackinnon with 46.

Last edited:

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Hischier ready to boost Devils in playoffs
Taylor Hall said:
"For Nico, he was thrown into the fire as an 18-year-old center and has been relied on so much. He's the first guy out in overtime, he kills penalties. There's a lot of responsibility there and I think his personality is really a benefit. He's a pretty laid-back guy.

"He might not know how important he is to our team at this point, but we all know his importance."

...With Nico, I think right away you saw confidence, and the biggest thing for me was his grittiness. He goes to the hard areas, drives the net and is not afraid to use his body and play physical."

Sydney Crosby said:
"You can tell he's got all that offensive ability but I think he's mindful of his own end and playing good defensively, too,"

"That's always somewhat of an adjustment for a young player, but you can tell he's really committed to doing that and he's definitely a two-way player."

Nico Hischier said:
"I like the tight games and the challenges,"

"It's just part of my game style. I have to compete because if I'm not, I'm not playing my best hockey. In the NHL, you can't take time off. You have to compete every second of every game and that's what I try to do."

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Nico Hischier will most likely get 1st PP minutes next year and 2nd PK minutes. Both Philadelphia and New Jersey must be ecstatic to get the players they got.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Nico will not be attending Worlds as he was playing the entire season with a chronic wrist injury that the team wants to heal.
Chronic as in forever or chronic as in it was just am ongoing thing last year and will fully heal with rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad