C Nathan Noel (2016, 113rd, CHI; traded to PHI)

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I think Noel is more of a goal scorer than Brassard.

I've noticed that Noel can turn on the wheels and flat out beat opponents, at least at this level. I don't know if he'll reach 40 goals this year, but he should get 30 at least, and probably be about point per game.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
I think Noel is more of a goal scorer than Brassard.

I've noticed that Noel can turn on the wheels and flat out beat opponents, at least at this level. I don't know if he'll reach 40 goals this year, but he should get 30 at least, and probably be about point per game.

yes take away a bit of the playmaking ability and add the same amount of sniper sauce. Agreed.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Kid may be heating up. After a "weak" november-december where he scored 13 points in total he's now up to 12 points in january so far.

Had a 4 goal game last night vs Cape Breton. Important goals as well as he scored the 3-3, 4-4, 5-4 and 6-4 goals. Liked what I saw from him in the top prospects game. I guess he'll be gone sometime early in the 2nd?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I doubt he goes that quite that high. Probably 3rd-4th round.

I guess 3rd round is a possibility but I have a hard time seeing 60 or more prospects who are better than him. Craig Button had him ranked 63 in his latest rankings but there's a ton of guys in that list which I would take Noel over.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Kid may be heating up. After a "weak" november-december where he scored 13 points in total he's now up to 12 points in january so far.

Had a 4 goal game last night vs Cape Breton. Important goals as well as he scored the 3-3, 4-4, 5-4 and 6-4 goals. Liked what I saw from him in the top prospects game. I guess he'll be gone sometime early in the 2nd?

Depends how his rest of the season and playoffs go. I thought he'd be the riser of the draft early on but he hasn't performed as well as he should have. Right now I'd say he's in the early to mid 3rd round.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Depends how his rest of the season and playoffs go. I thought he'd be the riser of the draft early on but he hasn't performed as well as he should have. Right now I'd say he's in the early to mid 3rd round.

I'd figured the same (although, I haven't seen him a tonne, admittedly).

Does anyone who has seen him some have insight into what the "problem" (if that's even the right word) is? I guess what I'm asking is, whether the Noel we're seeing is the player he is (i.e. one of those kids who just happened to look more promising when he was a few years younger than he's developed to be - and there are many like that) or whether there is something identifiable going 'astray' with his development.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
I'd figured the same (although, I haven't seen him a tonne, admittedly).

Does anyone who has seen him some have insight into what the "problem" (if that's even the right word) is? I guess what I'm asking is, whether the Noel we're seeing is the player he is (i.e. one of those kids who just happened to look more promising when he was a few years younger than he's developed to be - and there are many like that) or whether there is something identifiable going 'astray' with his development.

Apparently he wasn't shooting nearly as much as the Sea Dogs would have liked early on. He has 6 goals in 3 games since returning from the top prospects game however so things are seemingly going better.

From what I can tell Noel will be an NHL player. I'd use a 2nd-3rd round pick on him. Tons of skill and work ethic. I expect him to break 100 points in the Q next season.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Love these threads (seriously, not being sarcastic). They really show you that for the most part, ranking players when they're 14 years old is a crapshoot. Obviously still a good player but threads like these are a reality check.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wow. I remember how hyped he was back in the day. Where could he realistically be picked in this year's draft?

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
so he's got some decent numbers, 6"0 168 pounds according to elite prospect. whats the deal, why did he drop ??? oh and whats his compete level like ?? can he be another sdisturber like pageau but with more offensive production

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
so he's got some decent numbers, 6"0 168 pounds according to elite prospect. whats the deal, why did he drop ??? oh and whats his compete level like ?? can he be another sdisturber like pageau but with more offensive production

Personally I like Noel as a prospect, I think the reason for his drop could be his size and inconsistency. He's a lot more like Hoffman than he is Pageau.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I like Noel, he didn't blow anyone's mind but he did lead a young Saint John team in scoring. Definitely worth a 3rd round pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Really hard to understand, 17 year old that led his CHL team in scoring, and was only forward on the team to show up in the playoffs

Brandel*

Unbelievable that he didn't get drafted, must be devastating for him. Hard to imagine.

Kay Schweri too. Very strange to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->