C Nathan Gaucher - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2022, 22nd, ANA)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Under the radar player to watch out for a few years down the road, in my opinion. He was on the fourth line for Canada, and most of those guys on the lower lines belonged there, but Gaucher constantly was able to make noticeable plays with some of the lower-skilled guys. He rang a wrist shot off the bar from distance, and looked to have good skill, two way game and decision making. Don't ask me for a full scouting report yet, but my main questions would be skating due to his size at 6'2 185 already. It didn't noticeably stand out as good to me, but admittedly I just wasn't watching close enough to judge. He's one of the younger players at this tournament as a 2022 draft eligible.

Nathan Gaucher at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Dominance

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
His skating is good, not great, for a player his size. Remparts are already using him to kill penalties. He won't fill the net this year in a 3rd-4th line role but his NHL Draft hopes will be about his ability to produce regularly in the QMJHL in the next two seasons.

He and his brother Jacob (who plays for Val D'Or) are both right handed and named left handed (Gaucher). :sarcasm:

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He lacks explosiveness and quickness but he’s got some power there.

He’s underrated, he has a great shot, good hands, he uses his size well and sees the game well. I like him and Malatesta as a duo going forward.

Quebec is loaded with young talent. Basically got 3 1st rounders with Gaucher, Melanson, and Malatesta. Melanson was a snub from the u17s but hes been great in a bottom 6 role so far for the rempart.

Having Roy at the helm certainly does not hurt in attracting talent

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Quebec is loaded with young talent. Basically got 3 1st rounders with Gaucher, Melanson, and Malatesta. Melanson was a snub from the u17s but hes been great in a bottom 6 role so far for the rempart.

Slowly building a power...

don’t be surprised if they add another LSL boy or 2, drafted or to be drafted.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

Remparts defenseman Charle Truchon and goaltender Emerik Despatie should have been at the U17. Truchon played for a bad team in Midget AAA and got less exposure. Despatie played Midget Espoir and didn’t make the U16 Quebec Team so Canada went with the two goaltenders who won at the U16 Blackburn and Rousseau. Both Truchon and Despatie have looked good so far in the Q. Despatie won his 3rd game in 3 starts last night.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Remparts defenseman Charle Truchon and goaltender Emerik Despatie should have been at the U17. Truchon played for a bad team in Midget AAA and got less exposure. Despatie played Midget Espoir and didn’t make the U16 Quebec Team so Canada went with the two goaltenders who won at the U16 Blackburn and Rousseau. Both Truchon and Despatie have looked good so far in the Q. Despatie won his 3rd game in 3 starts last night.
Bad isn’t a fair assessment sorry. They were atrocious, he and Pelletier were the bright spots but mostly him. That team made him look bad.

Rossesau also a Remparts prospect wonder if he will show.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Bad isn’t a fair assessment sorry. They were atrocious, he and Pelletier were the bright spots but mostly him. That team made him look bad.

Rossesau also a Remparts prospect wonder if he will show.

Rousseau was at the camp and he mentioned he was still open to major junior. I wonder if they could go with Despatie and Rousseau next season if the latter decides to report?

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Kind of reminds me of Nick Roy in a way, not as good I don’t think at the same age but he has looked good so far in the Q this year. Had a couple of nice assists last game vs Shawinigan

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
His skating is good, not great, for a player his size. Remparts are already using him to kill penalties. He won't fill the net this year in a 3rd-4th line role but his NHL Draft hopes will be about his ability to produce regularly in the QMJHL in the next two seasons.

He and his brother Jacob (who plays for Val D'Or) are both right handed and named left handed (Gaucher). :sarcasm:
Bro I wanted to make that joke :(

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
14 pts in 14 games
Already 6.3 / 200 lbs .. this kid is a beast
Top-15 pick in 2022 ?
Could be. His skating was his only issue his whole life and it really wasn’t a technique thing, he just didn’t have the power , as if he couldn’t attain it. I always liked him, minus the fact that he torched us all the time.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Could be. His skating was his only issue his whole life and it really wasn’t a technique thing, he just didn’t have the power , as if he couldn’t attain it. I always liked him, minus the fact that he torched us all the time.

You keep bringing up his skating as an issue but I just don't see it. I mean, he's not a speedster and he'll probably need to improve but his skating isn't a weakness.

Last edited:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I wonder where he would rank if he was eligible for the 2021 Draft. With 12 goals and 13 assists in 23 games, he's 4th in ppg among 2021 eligibles in the Q, leading first round prospects Zach Bolduc and Zach L'Heureux.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I wonder where he would rank if he was eligible for the 2021 Draft. With 12 goals and 13 assists in 23 games, he's 4th in ppg among 2021 eligibles in the Q, leading first round prospects Zach Bolduc and Zach L'Heureux.

Funny you say this, I was literally thinking like an hour ago that if he were born a few months earlier he may very well go in the 1st round this year. In a year with a lot of unknowns he is a 6'3+ player at over pt per game and has been able to play a good amount of games.
Definitely a lot of upside as a power forward, and should be a high pick in 2022.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Funny you say this, I was literally thinking like an hour ago that if he were born a few months earlier he may very well go in the 1st round this year. In a year with a lot of unknowns he is a 6'3+ player at over pt per game and has been able to play a good amount of games.
Definitely a lot of upside as a power forward, and should be a high pick in 2022.

He's a good 2-way center, so he's a low risk pick. If offense doesn't pan out in the NHL, he has the tools to become a role player.

Reactions: wetcoast

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
named a finalist for the Carbonneau trophy (best defensive forward) in the Q - the other 2 nominees are 1st rounders Mercer and Pelletier.

Was also ppg this year and stands at 6'3, looking like 1st round potential for next year.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
named a finalist for the Carbonneau trophy (best defensive forward) in the Q - the other 2 nominees are 1st rounders Mercer and Pelletier.

Was also ppg this year and stands at 6'3, looking like 1st round potential for next year.

That's a great accomplishment to be nominated for this trophy at 17. And he was still only 16 when he started the season. It's even more impressive considering that nominates are usually 19 or 20.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad