C Morgan Frost (2017, 27th, PHI)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm rooting for this kid. Simply because he is former PA announcer and radio DJ Andy Frost's son. Surprise there is no mention of this.

Frost is a long time radio personality, and a great guy from what I have been told. The branch does not fall far from the tree as I have heard this too about Morgan Frost.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
More like...
LW-Patrick-RW
LW-Frost-RW
LW-Couturier-RW
LW-lolwhocares-RW

Patrick hopefully turns into an all situation 1C, Frost as scoring depth at 2C, Old Man 3Couturier back where he belongs in the bottom 6, and then some random schmuck to play 5 minutes per night as 4C.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I'm rooting for this kid. Simply because he is former PA announcer and radio DJ Andy Frost's son. Surprise there is no mention of this.

Frost is a long time radio personality, and a great guy from what I have been told. The branch does not fall far from the tree as I have heard this too about Morgan Frost.

This was discussed when he was drafted so nice for his dad but really all I care about is Morgan and what he can do for the Flyers.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
More like...
LW-Patrick-RW
LW-Frost-RW
LW-Couturier-RW
LW-lolwhocares-RW

Patrick hopefully turns into an all situation 1C, Frost as scoring depth at 2C, Old Man 3Couturier back where he belongs in the bottom 6, and then some random schmuck to play 5 minutes per night as 4C.
The guy’s on over a 40 goal pace, what more do you want from him?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
They're both centers.
so many juniors playing centers become wingers in the nhl. Could very much turn out this way. Laughton can handle 4th line if Rubstov and Vorobiev do not make it.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
The guy’s on over a 40 goal pace, what more do you want from him?
thing is he was leaping forward 3 years or so until Frost is rerady. Couturier would be 28 then. Not old and most probably still 1c to me. For now i'm expecting 2c work from Patrick.

Reactions: 99664987

GirouxCouturier

GirouxMVP
Jul 4, 2010
British Columbia
More like...
LW-Patrick-RW
LW-Frost-RW
LW-Couturier-RW
LW-lolwhocares-RW

Honestly don't know if you're serious. Hopefully not though

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
This kid better end up being really good considering Hextall gave up Schenn for him and he is dominating the league in St. Louis this year.

Dominating? He's 15th in scoring (tied for 24th in goals)...and falling . There's also another 1st rounder coming. And whatever Philly can scrape up for Lehtera. (who some people had the impression the Flyers had traded Schenn straight up for earlier in the season)

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
This kid better end up being really good considering Hextall gave up Schenn for him and he is dominating the league in St. Louis this year.
Who cares if Brayden improves his production from 50 to 70?
Philly got what they wanted: 2 firsts.
Frost seems like a very good prospect.
Patience my friend...
Ever heard of win-win trades? They are kind of fun.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I didn't know that - I liked the kid already, now I am definitely in his corner.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Only if dominating means playing with Jaden Schwartz. He's at around .4 - .5 PPG since Schwartz went down.
As soon as there is a stumble the Schenn haters flock to the boards. They just cannot bear to give the young man any credit for being a solid pro. I wonder what they will say if he ever was named an All-Star? Oops!! I am pulling for Frost big time to help us out in the future because right now the Blues/Flyers trade is pretty much ranked second only behind the Edmonton/New Jersey deal as lopsided trades by all the so called experts.

Reactions: Godfather

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
As soon as there is a stumble the Schenn haters flock to the boards. They just cannot bear to give the young man any credit for being a solid pro. I wonder what they will say if he ever was named an All-Star? Oops!! I am pulling for Frost big time to help us out in the future because right now the Blues/Flyers trade is pretty much ranked second only behind the Edmonton/New Jersey deal as lopsided trades by all the so called experts.
If you base the trade on the now, then it obviously will appear lopsided. It was never a trade that was going to be fruitful to Philly instantly. The best time to actually form an opinion on the trade is when and if both those firsts enter the league and turn into something. For now people need to relax. The trade was needed to rebuild the forward core to have some young forward pieces that age with the young defense they've been building.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA

How am I hater? So far, what I've said is 100% fact. Has nothing to do with my opinion of Schenn as a person, or as a professional.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I'd like to see 1 expert who already called a winner in that trade.
Chances are the experts and fans alike will declare both teams as winners.
Of course STL is winning now... Geez what is this?

All-star nomination as an argument can be debated.

Schenn was exactly what was expected of him getting in the league through that Richards trade. 2nd liner. Streaky. Few in Philly celebrated his departure. But his situation was not going to get better for him playing behind Giroux, Couturier and then Patrick thanks to some ping pong balls. No Patrick means Schenn stays. I am happy with Patrick plus 2 first picks. And i thank Lehtera who made it possible.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I'd like to see 1 expert who already called a winner in that trade.
Chances are the experts and fans alike will declare both teams as winners.
Of course STL is winning now... Geez what is this?

All-star nomination as an argument can be debated.

Schenn was exactly what was expected of him getting in the league through that Richards trade. 2nd liner. Streaky. Few in Philly celebrated his departure. But his situation was not going to get better for him playing behind Giroux, Couturier and then Patrick thanks to some ping pong balls. No Patrick means Schenn stays. I am happy with Patrick plus 2 first picks. And i thank Lehtera who made it possible.

Start watching NHL Hockey Central Radio Simulcast at noon for one. Then watch the NHL Network. And NHL Hockey Central Saturday Armstrong called in to the Hockey Central show at noon. Trust me I watch both shows every day and I hear it. A question for you. You said only a few celebrated his departure? Sorry but on this site Brayden was run out of town. When he was doing well for the Blues you could hear crickets on the Flyers site. There were only a few of us who rooted for him. I am not going to sway you. I know what I have heard and I hope the deal swings in our favor in time but right now it is 100% in the Blues favor. I do not deal in the twitter world. I deal with humans talking to each other, It's pretty cool try it sometime. These guys know what the hell they are talking about. Friday shows at noon are good. If you cannot make it try DVR the show,

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Start watching NHL Hockey Central Radio Simulcast at noon for one. Then watch the NHL Network. And NHL Hockey Central Saturday Armstrong called in to the Hockey Central show at noon. Trust me I watch both shows every day and I hear it. A question for you. You said only a few celebrated his departure? Sorry but on this site Brayden was run out of town. When he was doing well for the Blues you could hear crickets on the Flyers site. There were only a few of us who rooted for him. I am not going to sway you. I know what I have heard and I hope the deal swings in our favor in time but right now it is 100% in the Blues favor. I do not deal in the twitter world. I deal with humans talking to each other, It's pretty cool try it sometime. These guys know what the hell they are talking about. Friday shows at noon are good. If you cannot make it try DVR the show,
Short answer: do not declare a winner before a deal is complete. Even though sonebody else says so. As far as reaction to the Schenn deal, i am on Philly’s board when things are happening and my reaction was: surprised and it means Hextall is serious about a commitment to a huge rebuild. Hope we finish as low as possible for one more year. And now lets take similar path with Simmonds.

Reactions: Devonator

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He was obviously overachieving thanks to a hot start and playing with really hot players too. Schenn was never staying at PPG+. Schenns streaky, you have to expect the hot and the cold and not be shortsighted enough to expect either to last.

There's no winner in this trade, both teams got what they wanted. The pathetic need of certain fans to declare a winner and loser in any trade shows how uncommon common sense is.

It's as dumb as going to a store and trying to declare a winner/loser on every purchase... you give value to get value. Each side obviously values what they're receiving more than what they're giving up... otherwise they wouldn't do the trade. Once in a while a trade is lopsided enough to say one side got a bad deal, but that's rare and obviously not the case here.

And the appeal to authority is a cherry on top of this ridiculous post. Feel shame.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad