Prospect Info: C Mitchell Hoelscher

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I’m sure Bratt seemed underwhelming at the time. Give it a chance.
Well when you did some digging Bratt was a pretty clear sleeper, he went point for point with Nylander on their junior team. Bratt was younger too.

But ya give it a chance, have to figure they saw something.

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Well when you did some digging Bratt was a pretty clear sleeper, he went point for point with Nylander on their junior team. Bratt was younger too.

But ya give it a chance, have to figure they saw something.

Yeah, when you look at what Bratt showed before his draft it's pretty inexcusable that he fell past the second round. I get that he was undersized but that's a reason to pass on him in the first round, not the next four.

Hoelscher seems different in that he's showing signs that he could breakout next season. Sounds like he has the tools, and if he gets stronger it could happen. Very boom/bust though, the right kind of gamble to take at this point for sure.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
This is where the scouts make their money. If London didn't become sellers then Liam Foudy never gets a shot higher in the lineup and he's highly unlikely to have been a first rounder. Not saying Hoelscher has that potential obviously but that's usually the thought process in the later rounds.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This is where the scouts make their money. If London didn't become sellers then Liam Foudy never gets a shot higher in the lineup and he's highly unlikely to have been a first rounder. Not saying Hoelscher has that potential obviously but that's usually the thought process in the later rounds.

If he builds on his year end finish maybe he is sitting at 40 points after the first 30 games. That would be a nice progression. Especially if he can continue to improve over the 30 games after that.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
The 5-foot-11, 165-pound centerman from Ontario didn't start his draft year with a lot of hype, but came on strong in the send half after his team - the Ottawa 67s of the Ontario Hockey League - made some trades that opened up a spot in the lineup that allowed him to shine a bit more in a top six role.

"We really liked his hockey sense, skill level and work ethic. He's not a real strong kid at this point. He's real light and could fill out his frame a bit more, but he plays well on both sides of the puck, doesn't cheat and competes hard," Castron explained.

"His numbers might not be jumping off the charts, but he's a good player, a smart player and I think he started to be more confident as he was earning more responsibilities and once your confidence starts growing, you start playing better and better and we happened to catch him on a couple good games and he caught our eye. I think he'll be even better next year and we're looking forward to watching him grow over the next couple years."

Devils 2018 NHL Draftee Scouting Report

Reactions: Nubmer6

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I'm excited to see him play top 6 all season, if he can put up a PPG or better I will be elated. Right now I slot him 2nd line but he could bump up.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last year, Helgeson + Tallackson = Hellickson

This year, Hoeffel + Hischier = Hoelscher

We're on to you, Castron.
Haha nice!

But of course, one of these names is not like the other three!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last time I weighed under 160, I think I was 12.

Luckily, I've been holding about 165-170 for almost 4 years now!:D

Just hit the protein shakes and eat a few steaks, lift some weights! They got trainers and strength/conditioning coaches to work with him on that!

Couldn't be any skinnier than Tedenby and his phony 175 pounds that was really 155 pounds.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad