C Mavrik Bourque - Shawinigan Cataractes, QMJHL (2020 Draft)

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Pavel Buchnevich, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich AV AND GORTON OUT

Student
    Plays for a terrible team, so I'd take his stats with a grain of salt, although they aren't that bad. He's been mentioned on this website a few times. Looked very impressive for Canada White today. I thought he was very dynamic offensively, but also showed a pretty good defensive game.

Mavrik Bourque at eliteprospects.com

Stive Morgan likes this.
  2. Tryamkin

Tryamkin Never gonna give you up...

Time for a bump, Mavrik has been very good on a horrible Shawinigan team. Leads all draftees in points and had two goals tonight. Very high end skill with nice shot and playmaking ability.

3. Wintersun

Wintersun Registered User

Bourque was always a very nice playmaker who controls the pace of the play with a nice wrist shot. Plays a pretty solid two-way game too. Upside is nice on this kid. I might have underrated him a bit last year, only had him 6th on my QMJHL draft list.

Acadien86 and Pavel Buchnevich like this.
  4. Dodospice

Dodospice Registered User

I think you probably had him rated accordingly... I had Lapierre, Villeneuve, Lawrence, Bordeleau, Guay and Poirier all rated ahead of him. Cormier was also nipping at his heels. It’s still too early to make a call and he looks absolutely fantastic but as of today, I still think I’d take those guys ahead of him with maybe the exception of Guay. You could have ranked him anywhere from 3-8 really and been in the correct ball park for him.

5. Wintersun

Wintersun Registered User

Agreed. I still firmly believe Lapierre is the best player from that draft. I think Bourque might be better than Villeneuve and Guay which I had ahead of him. Anyway, solid player, a little bit surprised that his offense came that easily in his first year, even in Midget AAA it wasn't always easy on some nights.

6. Dodospice

Dodospice Registered User

I like Villeneuve a lot but it’s so hard to compare a 16 year old D to a forward.. both look good. I’m pretty surprised the offence is coming this easy too, I thought he’d be in the 30-40 point range this season with 10-15 goals. Yet here he is scoring at a 27 goal and 54 point pace over 68. It’s very impressive.

GrittyHawkDown likes this.