C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
LOL - yeah really! Although I never referenced the "NHL" once in my post - 3 of those 8 year olds are playing in the NHL right now. If you can shoot a puck, you can pick corners son - doesn't matter if 4 years old. You're 14 years old playing Varsity, and you can't pick corners from the blue line? At your next practice, take 10 shots from the blueline, and if you score one in the top right or left hand corner, or the bottom right or left hand corner - give yourself a pat on the back - you've just picked a corner! Every NHL'er can pick a corner from the hash - just because a player doesn't go 4 for 4 in the skills, doesn't mean he can't pick a corner. That's like saying Ovechkin isn't really a goal scorer, otherwise his goal total would match his shot total.

Kids miss the net, I still highly doubt 8 year olds can pick corners from the blue line. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Cappo40*

Pssh...I was the aggressor on my teams..That takes skill :sarcasm:

My first year of hockey (houseleague) I was actually pretty good (IIRC 23 goals), not like this kid, but then as I got older my points decrease and penalties increased :P..Man Im an idiot for not continuing hockey, stopped at 16..

Rediscoveryx

May 10, 2002
Norrland, Sweden
Visit site
Pssh...I was the aggressor on my teams..That takes skill :sarcasm:

My first year of hockey (houseleague) I was actually pretty good (IIRC 23 goals), not like this kid, but then as I got older my points decrease and penalties increased :P..Man Im an idiot for not continuing hockey, stopped at 16..

Yeah. Think about how few points and many penalties you would have today. ;)

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
now i realize some of you aren't serious but for those of you who are....WHAT THE HELL! like he is an eight year old kid...i thought i was going to be the next Michael Jordan when i was playing basketball jeez! your supposed to showboat as a kid if not your inhumanly mature like give it a rest hfboards god! let him have his fun its almost like everyone is jealous (of course when i say everyone i only mean the people hating on this kid)...I love sports and heck if i can showboat in good taste i will its not like the world will end and i am not mocking anyone

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
This guy will never make the big show. I mean look how small he is, only average skating, some decent moves but nothing special. There are better guys than him in the friggin ECHL which is basicly an amateur league!

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Honestly, there are probably 2000 kids exactly the same age who are just as good or better. The 30 or so who make it will be due to a mixture of good fortune and hard work.

Devils Mike*

I remember the kid who didn't even play at 8 but made the NHL. LOL

Apr 16, 2002
Rochester, NY
Visit site
Looks like the next great hockey star from Norway to me.............wait Norway does not produce hockey stars???

lol

The level of competition (or lack there of) is why he appears to dominate. How many 8 year olds even play hockey in Norway? I'd bet to say more 8 year olds in Western New York play organized hockey then in the entire country of Norway...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad