C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The kids the biggest hot dog I have ever seen! You can just tell from his retarted celebrations lol. I bet this is his parents posting this crap.

newellky

Jun 3, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
gotta see him play against kids from a major hockey country to judge him better...that said it looks like hes having fun which is the main part of the game at that age

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

I remember this. It was everywhere even on the frigen news! It's also the most overrated video ever, those moves are original dekes, the ones where he picks it up on his stick are pretty sweet, but can't everyone do that now?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Why are people complaining he is showboating and "learn how to pass", the kid is 8 years old. Tremendous skills for that age.

It looks like a younger version of AO with his showboating :laugh: But at that age, with those skills, impressive

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Pfff, when I was six I scored all of my teams goals in a tournament. Though we lost 1-9 were eliminated immediately.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
When ever I see videos/posts like this, I can't help but feel sorry for the kid. The parents are likely idiots.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Kid should work on his shot - it looks week - on my son's summer team when he was 8 years old they were picking corners from the blueline.

He's got okay moves, but like I said above, there are 8 year old kids scoring one handed Mike Legg goals these days.

His parents should tame him down on his showboating, before one of his own players takes out a few of his teeth - let alone what the opposing team might do to him.

I know at least ten 7 year old kids in my city better than this kid - and that's not counting the 8 year olds. He'd probably be a 3rd line Tier One Novice player in Canada - designated to a checking line ... and probably designated to riding the pine, if he diidn't start hitting the open man.

Keep the home videos to your self at least until he's in Bantam - because you know what - nobody really cares until there at least 13.

lol, oh really? You act like they're playing in the NHL. Nobody can pick corners as an 8 year old bud. I'm a 14 year old AAA player, playing Varsity as a Freshman, and I can't even pick corners from the blue line. And the NHLers can barely pick corners from the hash, otherwise everyone would've gone 4 for 4 in the skills.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Don't blame the child, he has a rubber neck right to the stands. On most goals anyways.

Really, I mean what's the point of trying to show off an 8 year old KID. He hasn't even been alive for a decade, the real good players start to dominate when they reach 12-14. Also, by the username on youtube, you can tell it's the parents. This kid might be in for a rough ride..

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
All kids should have fun. He's taking it too far, though - it's as if the attention is what he's seeking more than actually helping the team. What's up with that "paddling off the ice" thing when the game is over? Teach the kid sportsmanship.

Thats pretty normal here.. Its for the parents/fans.. Even senior teams does it sometimes..

Looks like the next great hockey star from Norway to me.............wait Norway does not produce hockey stars???

No, they dont.

Who would have guessed that there's an 8 year old in Norway who is going to be a big hockey star. It shows how much hockey as penetrated the European market.

Hockey in Norway isn't big at all to be honest:laugh:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
There was a kid in my league when I was 8 who scored like a dozen goals a game and could do plenty of slick moves. He plays Houseleague now.

Yeah, most of the time, things tend to even out over the course of a few years...

WinCityHypeMachine

May 26, 2008
I get a kick out of these parents/relatives coming on here to not only post a YouTube vid of their little Mite Superstar, but come on a NHL Prospects board to tell us about him.

Weisblatt, Norway, Yurisov, etc., when your kids start shaving, then come talk to us.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

So that's who should've been invited at the last All-Star game....would've been fun to see the pros and then you invite the kid on the ice who blew them away....though playing in front of 500 compared to 20 000 might be a slight difference...

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
And then I turned around... and guess who I saw? Emilio Estevez!

I was like.... EMILIIIIIIIIIIIO

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
What's the deal with these people that register just to post about 8 year olds?

Creepy.

They're called "fathers".

where is that french canadian kid who did some crazy move in a shootout couples year ago?

where the YT video (cant find it)

He spent too much time on stickhandling and skating and not enough time on picking up the weak-side winger and got nowhere....Seriously though, I have no idea.

Back to the OT, the shot this kid pulls at about 0:45 is pretty sick. Off balance one handed snap-shot upper corner with some sauce. Not many kids at any age pull that off as well.

Is he a bit of a showboater? I guess so, but he's 8 and scoring like Ovie. Let the kid have some fun. Will he play in the NHL? Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't discount any fun it might be to watch him play.

Haters!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->