C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Wow. This kid is impressive. Good vision. A few times you think a kid has him lined up, with his back to him and he dodges him.

Well he is playing against 9 year olds. lol

I think the thing that amazes me is his slap shot

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
At first I was thinking, man this kid really needs to use his teammates a bit more, instead of always dangling around. Then I saw the clips of him setting his teammates up and I realized why he doesn't pass more. Reminiscent of Crosby passing to Guerin.

Latex*

Jumbo; said:
Not really. What are you posting videos of your kid or something :rolleyes:

Lol, :laugh:

If i'm going to have kids, i would absolutely love if they were that good someday :D

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
that kid is really good.... the kids that he plays with are at the skill level most 9 year old are (fanning on shots, over skating) he almost looks bored, but its fun to watch.

i'd be pumped if i were his parents

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Those kids can skate, but have no puck skills or hockey sense. Matthias has got great skills but he wouldn't be dominating in North America. If he's the next big thing, we got 50 future all-stars going into peewee next year :sarcasm:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
At first I was thinking, man this kid really needs to use his teammates a bit more, instead of always dangling around. Then I saw the clips of him setting his teammates up and I realized why he doesn't pass more. Reminiscent of Crosby passing to Guerin.
haha same here, his competition and teammates look pretty bad but the kid clearly has talent. His puck handling and skating are so smooth. He seems small but I think it's because he's playing vs older kids.

asmodeanreborn

Jun 14, 2010
Longmont, CO
Those kids can skate, but have no puck skills or hockey sense. Matthias has got great skills but he wouldn't be dominating in North America. If he's the next big thing, we got 50 future all-stars going into peewee next year :sarcasm:

I'm pretty sure there aren't many Canadian 9-year olds who can replicate that. Sure he'd have better competition (and better teammates), but he'd still stand out.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Hopefully this kid amounts to something. It'd be cool to see him followed for 12 years on HF before he's even drafted.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Um no...

The kid can flat out skate and has hands...I know the kid is 9 but its quite evident he has hands better than some players who play Junior right now...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->