C Mathias Emilio Pettersen (2018, 167th, CGY; traded to DAL)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'm questioning his size,leadership and toughness.Doesn't have that aggressive edge that I m looking for.Career Minor leaguer written all over him.

IslesFTW

Jun 2, 2006
I heard there was a two year old in Russia who is miles ahead of his fellow two year olds in term of skating ability. Send some scouts out there now

Reactions: Habs76

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
What's with all the people here acting hostile to celebrations? Hockey might be the only sport I know in which this is taken as showboating.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Mathias Emilio 8 year old hockey kid from Norway

pedobear_seal_of_approval.jpg

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
And this boy always skates and dekes and scores, never passes to anyone. His parents are happy because he is "the best player" because he scores. Then the opponent grew bigger, learn to skate and take the puck always away from him because he tries to go past 3 boys and never passes. This type of players have been seen many times. Most of the play in beer leagues now. There it is nice to skate and deke past the opponents...

(not meaning the boy in video, just generally...)

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
And this boy always skates and dekes and scores, never passes to anyone. His parents are happy because he is "the best player" because he scores. Then the opponent grew bigger, learn to skate and take the puck always away from him because he tries to go past 3 boys and never passes. This type of players have been seen many times. Most of the play in beer leagues now. There it is nice to skate and deke past the opponents...

It's possible. Hopefully coaches he plays for will knock that into his head.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I'm going to call BS, no way an 8 year old can pick the top corner from the blueline and nobody does a one handed Mike Legg goal at that age as well. There just simply isn't enough strength at his age. As for the comments on him passing I'm sure as he gets older they will stress the team aspect of the sport to him more. I see nothing wrong with a little excessive celebration Ovy does it and i think its good for the sport.

I agree, I also think it's BS that "top corner from the blueline" remark.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

He is 8...

The Big Swede*

You guys are pathetic,the kid is friggin 8 years old,if you were that good at his age Im pretty sure you would all be doing the same thing

Jesus...

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
8 years old is too early to tell. Usually the kids that grow faster or stronger earlier dominate, but the other kids will catch up.

MrSerious

Nov 8, 2008
I remember when I was 9 I used to skate through everyone without a problem and score about 4 goals a game. A couple years later I was playing single A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad