C Mason Appleton (2015, 168th, WPG)

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Im a huge fan of Lowry, and I think at the moment he deserves to be the Jets second line Center with his play(he is excellent defensively, he is as tough and strong as a Center as the league can find and he has done pretty well this season on the Offensive side of things and he’s still pretty young) this season, but if the Jets can’t afford him than Appleton has a spot. That being said I would much rather Little get moved(though I do agree with you in thinking these situations are slim to none).
The Jets can afford Lowry, more to the point, they can not be able to afford him.

Puzzled by why you think a RW would replace the best by far shut down C on the team.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
The Jets can afford Lowry, more to the point, they can not be able to afford him.

Puzzled by why you think a RW would replace the best by far shut down C on the team.

Because Little and Lowry are above Roslovic on the depth chart(as a Center) and if one of those guys aren’t moved somehow(again I don’t think anyone of them are going anywhere but there is a possibility, just extremely slim) than Roslovic is gonna stick to RW bumping Appleton right out of the lineup next season.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Because Little and Lowry are above Roslovic on the depth chart(as a Center) and if one of those guys aren’t moved somehow(again I don’t think anyone of them are going anywhere but there is a possibility, just extremely slim) than Roslovic is gonna stick to RW bumping Appleton right out of the lineup next season.
That doesn't explain why you would think Appleton a RW would replace Lowry a C.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Bumping this...obviously finished as the 4th leading scorer in the American League. Pretty impressive @ age 22.

Anyone familiar with him? Is this someone who can possibly impact an NHL team? Is he one of those tweeners who will light up the American League but struggle to be an NHL type other than cup of coffee and call up?

Nic Petan who's also in the WPG system and a year older seems to be similar air. Hard to tell if theyre just straight up blocked by how loaded WPG is or if they're tweeners at heart.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Bumping this...obviously finished as the 4th leading scorer in the American League. Pretty impressive @ age 22.

Anyone familiar with him? Is this someone who can possibly impact an NHL team? Is he one of those tweeners who will light up the American League but struggle to be an NHL type other than cup of coffee and call up?

Nic Petan who's also in the WPG system and a year older seems to be similar air. Hard to tell if theyre just straight up blocked by how loaded WPG is or if they're tweeners at heart.
He will be an interesting player to watch this fall in training camp. Though fans in Winnipeg do not expect Appleton to make the big club this year, opportunity is there and it would be a sweet surprise.

There is some room to jockey in our bottom six this year. He is not necessarily blocked, but he would have to have an outstanding camp to push himself onto the team.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Jets are still stacked with young forwards. They have 4-5 young forwards that will battle for the 12th roster spot, and first injury replacement... I'd rate them in the following order.

Nic Petan (another top season in the AHL, at a ppg clip. He's been working hard to improve his speed and I think he's got the inside track for 12th forward).

Marko Dano (a bit forgotten in the Jets system, but he was a very good producer as a 19-20 year old. His main issue has been fitness and quickness. If he comes to camp fit and quick, I think he could go straight into the lineup, or at worst the 1st injury replacement).

Brendan Lemieux (had a very good AHL season, with almost as many points per game as Appleton, and scored more. He's developed a lot of speed to go with his shot / scoring, and plays an aggressive physical game. Main concern is lack of discipline, but if he can control that he's going to have a shot at the roster. I think the coaches like his game).

Mason Appleton (a surprisingly strong AHL rookie season. Solid in all facets. Can fit many roles. If he develops a bit more pace in his game he's an NHL lock).

Kristian Vesalainen (huge season in the Finnish Elite League. He's a big, fast winger with a great shot and offensive talent. He's already big and physical enough for an NHL role. He could steal a roster spot as early as this season, and if not, he's a lock to be a key forward by the following season. Has some star potential).

Reactions: upperdeckjet

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
It's somewhat a shame there's no spot for him on the Jets roster right now. He's certainly earning one. I think he's around 15th on the depth chart for Jets forwards so he may need to wait a year.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It's somewhat a shame there's no spot for him on the Jets roster right now. He's certainly earning one. I think he's around 15th on the depth chart for Jets forwards so he may need to wait a year.

He would get called up only play 6-8 minutes a night anyways

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad