C Marco Rossi (2020, 9th, MIN) Part II

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Until I see any reports that the Wild are a top contender I’m not going to hold my breath.

LeBrun has been talking about it. I tend to think when these insiders talk about something in the public stream of the hockey world, it’s almost never baseless speculation. That’s not to say the Wild are a finalist to trade for Eichel, but I suspect he heard it from a source.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Can't wait to see how he looks in training camp. Guessing he'll probably start the season in Iowa for short stretch of games before he jumps to the NHL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If Boldy, after two full NCAA seasons, needs AHL time, then Rossi, with next to no hockey, and overcoming a very serious health scare since being drafted will need significant AHL time. Just because MN desperately needs top 6 C's doesn't mean they should rush his development.

Boldy didn’t have the benefit of an NHL training camp to get eyes on him. If Rossi looks the part, he’ll be where he should be. And it’s not any kind of conclusion that Boldy “needed” the AHL.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Emotionally I need this kid to become a superstar. He’s got all the character in the world.
Emotionally I need the Wild to not suck so I'm his biggest fan.

He looks quicker than Timo Meier when they've been at camp together which is... something, I guess, given the 3 inch, 30lb disparity there. If he's as driven as his reputation purports, he certainly should be able to improve physically, though.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
You think he can be ready for the wild next season? Because i think they could use an injection of youth at C badly

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
You think he can be ready for the wild next season? Because i think they could use an injection of youth at C badly

The Wild will give him every opportunity to play in the NHL next season. Likeliest scenario is that he starts the season in Iowa for a few games to get his game legs before he makes his NHL debut.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
If Boldy, after two full NCAA seasons, needs AHL time, then Rossi, with next to no hockey, and overcoming a very serious health scare since being drafted will need significant AHL time. Just because MN desperately needs top 6 C's doesn't mean they should rush his development.

I think it was more a contract decision than anything to do with being ready skill wise. I would have played Boldy over Rask in the playoffs, maybe not first line center, but then again I think he would have played better than Rask.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think it was more a contract decision than anything to do with being ready skill wise. I would have played Boldy over Rask in the playoffs, maybe not first line center, but then again I think he would have played better than Rask.
You would've brought up Boldy and played him at Center?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I have always liked him and he has the drive and passion to be the best.

My front runner for the Calder in 22.
Agreed, I thought he was gonna be a Calder contender this year, before he got ravaged by COVID. IMO he’s got a solid shot to make the Wild, and a solid shot to be an immediate impact player.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm so excited to see this kid. It's unreal how much I started liking him just following him pre- and post-draft. I know we all get attached to prospects here and everyone has their favorites. Rossi is one of mine for sure. I don't have anything to contribute other than I'm thrilled that he's back on the ice. :P

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
He'll be about 20 when the season begins. I know he lost a year there, but I would be disappointed if he isn't in St. Paul for the 21-22 season from the get go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad