C Marco Rossi (2020, 9th, MIN) Part II

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Is this one of the first confirmed case of long COVID (myocarditis) knocking a young player out in N.american sports?

Reactions: CanuckCity

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would guess that Team Austria simply didn't give him a very thorough physical. Perhaps he was fine, then complications cropped up 2 mos after the fact?

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Any one know what the general prognosis for Myocardtis Is? Is it something that will eventually resolve itself or will he live with it for the rest of his life? Could this impact his career?

I remember hearing about it back in spring when the first known post effects of Covid were becoming known.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Any one know what the general prognosis for Myocardtis Is? Is it something that will eventually resolve itself or will he live with it for the rest of his life? Could this impact his career?

I remember hearing about it back in spring when the first known post effects of Covid were becoming known.
3-6 months of doing pretty much nothing. It resolves itself with rest but sometimes permanent damage to the heart can be done.

Reactions: hn777

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Mike Russo confirms that Rossi will not play this season. Plan is for him to rest and try and ramp up for training camp next year. Gotta feel for the kid. He wanted to make this team, he was told he’d get games to start the year, but instead he’ll go 18 months without much real hockey.

Reactions: CanuckCity

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
The fact he couldn't pass the physical with the Wild in terms of blood work and the cardiac screening (required in NHL if tested positive for Covid previously) really begs the question of the Austrian WJC team screening. Rossi complained consistently at the WJC of fatigue and exhaustion. A bit scary, but hopefully he'll be all good for next year. Will be tough for him to just relax for 6 weeks, because he is a work out fiend.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Could be all sorts of things, not just Myocarditis. Get well, young man. That scar tissue needs to heal. Worry about hockey later

Reactions: hn777 and Blue Ox

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Mike Russo confirms that Rossi will not play this season. Plan is for him to rest and try and ramp up for training camp next year. Gotta feel for the kid. He wanted to make this team, he was told he’d get games to start the year, but instead he’ll go 18 months without much real hockey.

I told you multiple times that he was brutal and had no jump at all...and you gave me nothing but heat for it:laugh:
The Lions also didn't scratch him for no reason way beyond quarantine. He shouldn't have played the wjc. It was pretty obvious even back then. Poor kid.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I told you multiple times that he was brutal and had no jump at all...and you gave me nothing but heat for it:laugh:
The Lions also didn't scratch him for no reason way beyond quarantine. He shouldn't have played the wjc. It was pretty obvious even back then. Poor kid.
You still have no idea what you’re talking about. He wasn’t scratched, he wasn’t cleared yet.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You still have no idea what you’re talking about. He wasn’t scratched, he wasn’t cleared yet.

He shouldn't even have gotten clearance to play the wjc. He never had any jump post infection. He was flat out brutal. It was easy to see that it was covid related and that he shouldn't have played. Poor kid.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
He shouldn't even have gotten clearance to play the wjc. He never had any jump post infection. He was flat out brutal. It was easy to see that it was covid related and that he shouldn't have played. Poor kid.

why you lyin

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Is Rossi still alive? I.e. has he resumed training and whatnot? Any guesses where he will play next year?
He’s alive and doing better. It was reported a couple days back that he will begin light training soon. To this point, he hasn’t been able to get his heart rate up. No chance he plays this season, unfortunately, but reports have been positive for his chances of being ready for camp next season.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He’s alive and doing better. It was reported a couple days back that he will begin light training soon. To this point, he hasn’t been able to get his heart rate up. No chance he plays this season, unfortunately, but reports have been positive for his chances of being ready for camp next season.

For a workout freak, this gotta be tough as hell for the kid. Fingers crossed he can come back with no huge impacts from this sickness. Big fan of the kid from his 67s days.

Reactions: thethinglonger

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

What a terrible outcome for such a promising player.

I hope he can get back into game shape soon and that he has no long-term health consequences.

Ultimately it's good news that he'll be training again.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Have to think after such a long lay off he will likely play the majority of next season in the AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad