C Marco Rossi (2020, 9th, MIN) Part II

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hate when teams draft for character or intangibles, but Rossi has the exact type of mentality I want all my top guys to have.
Facts. I hope the ducks get him he has drive and probably most dedicated player in the entire draft. He's a force on both sides of the ice I can see him turning into a Brayden point type player once he gets a little faster (which he will look at his work ethic)

Reactions: JMcAuley

JMcAuley

Nov 3, 2014
Facts. I hope the ducks get him he has drive and probably most dedicated player in the entire draft. He's a force on both sides of the ice I can see him turning into a Brayden point type player once he gets a little faster (which he will look at his work ethic)

I like your take on Rossi. It sounds like he has some obstacles to overcome but I wouldn't bet against him.

There's this weird take on him that says because he has trained like a pro for a couple years and filled out his body that he is already fully developed. (Essentially that he won't get much better)

I find this really short sited. I too believe that with his strong work ethic and dedication he'll keep improving and could be a pretty scary player when all is said and done.

He's too dedicated and too smart not to succeed. (He may or may not turn into an all-star but at the very least I think he'll be a pretty reliable NHL player).

Doanator

Shane Doan - hall of fame
Jan 10, 2020
Austria

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwip2M_IgfDrAhUBahoKHQYSCYcQkfYCegQIARAF

It would surprise me if we would not have added explosiveness and speed in his skating the upcoming season.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He definitely will, he is the hardest and most dedicated player in the draft.

PS. That interviewer rubs me the wrong way for some reason lol Is he faded?

He's basically as big as hes going to get, it's gonna be really hard for him to improve there.

I don't think it matters since his game isn't about speed anyway. As long as he's still able to ward off opponents along the walls he'll be great.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Craig Button of TSN foresees Stutzle and Rossi going to the Ottawa Senators.

He says it will give them their #1 and #2 centres going forward.
I see it. Get your franchise centre/winger with #3, and then go for the safe almost guaranteed solid 2C/1-2 winger at #5.

Could swing for the fences with Raymond at #5 but why risk it.

Reactions: Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2011
He's basically as big as hes going to get, it's gonna be really hard for him to improve there.

I don't think it matters since his game isn't about speed anyway. As long as he's still able to ward off opponents along the walls he'll be great.
I saw a mock on youtube and that was basically the big sticking point with Rossi, is that scouts believe he has already physically matured and there's not much more room for growth. But if he can improve his skating that wouldn't really be that important for me

Reactions: Raistlin1022

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I saw a mock on youtube and that was basically the big sticking point with Rossi, is that scouts believe he has already physically matured and there's not much more room for growth. But if he can improve his skating that wouldn't really be that important for me
Some scouts think Byfield is a poor skater.. NHL scouts are going to have a variety of opinions.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

No one reaches their genetic size or strength potential at age 18. Guy probably hasn’t been lifting for more than 2 or 3 years.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I always come back to Ottawa 67’s general manager James Boyd telling me this about Rossi:

“He’s a phenomenal player. Phenomenal. A few teams that have picked up on it. I’m biased but I think he’s the best player in our league. It’s not often you’ve got a player on your team who is the best offensive player, the best defensive player, the best guy on faceoffs, the best guy on the power play, the best guy on the penalty kill and probably your No. 1 shootout shooter. And the thing is he doesn’t cheat, so as the game goes along, he takes over. The No. 1 thing for me is his skating — which was a concern for some people — is phenomenal. Some guys are interested in getting better, he’s obsessed. If I told him to eat a pound of sunflower seeds every day because it would help him get to the NHL, he’d be right on it. It’s only going to continue. You hear this sort of stuff about Sidney Crosby or Shea Weber when they were juniors, it’s almost like a disorder, the striving to get better. I see the same thing in Marco. Nothing’s going to stop him.”

Last edited:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I want Rossi so bad on Ducks

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lundell at 9 to Minnesota is going to be the steal of this draft.:DD

Ad

Upcoming events