C/W Marat Khusnutdinov (2020, 37th, MIN)

gusev nikita

Apr 27, 2020
moscow
Marat Khusnutdinov is gaining shape after an illness, let's just wait a little while. He is a very good player, capable of solving problems on the ice. I really believe in Marat, he will show his hockey.

gusev nikita

Apr 27, 2020
moscow
Q: Can you give us maybe one or two other players we haven't discussed today who you feel are strong candidates to be playing in the NHL within the next 4 or 5 years?
"Russian center Marat Khusnutdinov (No. 12 in NHL Central Scouting's final ranking of International skaters) is playing for the St. Petersburg organization in Russia's junior league. He's a dynamic center. He stood out at the 5 Nations tournament in the Czech Republic in February; he was outstanding. I really liked him. He was captain of the team, very skilled, a good team player. Another player to watch could be center Roni Hirvonen (No. 10), who played with Assat in the Finnish league all season (five goals, 16 points, 52 games). He did improve and mature. He's a good player and I think he'll play in the NHL within the next 3-to-4 years."

2020 Draft: Holtz, Lundell join Stuetzle as top International prospects

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Simple, there's just at least 31 prospects that I like better and that I'd draft ahead of him.

Fair enough but I think a team might take him in the first round as there is alot to like about his game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
News Flash! The top rated player in the best draft class since 2003 is better than the 45th ranked player in an average draft class.

15 year old player... I mean, Michkov is obviously more talented, but 29 months difference will have to have a bigger impact on the gap between two prospects at this stage of their development, if we talk about top ones.

Last edited:

gusev nikita

Apr 27, 2020
moscow
Top-10 European Centers in the 2020 NHL Draft

3. Marat Khusnutdinov

NHL.com Scouting Report:
Explosive two-way center. Flashy, skilled and an offensive threat on every shift. A leader and team player. Wins battles and plays with a lot of confidence.
Final Rank: 12
Height: 5-11
Weight: 176
Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
Shoots: Left
One of the youngest players eligible in the draft, Khusnutdinov put in the work as a 17-year-old in Russia's top junior league. The Moscow native recorded 38 points (13g/25a) in 44 games with SKA St. Petersburg's junior club last season, the top team in the league during the 2019-20 campaign. Experts say he's a puck hound and responsible player in all three zones (offensive, defensive and neutral). Highly skilled and a gifted skater, Khusnutdinov captained Team Russia to gold at the 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup with three assists/points in five games. He also earned a gold medal at the 2018 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge (2g/3a in six games) and silver at the 2019 Under-18 World Championship (1g/2a in seven games).

"Smart, cagey and understands how to play with a multitude of players and in different situations. Has a understated skill level, but when you package everything together, he's a good player." -- TSN's Craig Butt

"Khusnutdinov has been a leader for Russia's 2002 age group for years and was very impressive with his junior club this season, which was the best in MHL. He has high-end skill components to his game. He's able to make highly creative plays with the puck, improvise in tough situations and be very coordinated in small spaces. He sees the ice very well and can make tough dishes to teammates. He's a great skater too, using his speed to beat defenders wide and making hard plays to the net. He competes hard, frequently getting to the tough areas in the offensive zone and killing penalties well. Khusnutdinov isn't special at any one thing and he's undersized, but it's the combination of his skill, speed and very high compete level that equals a projected NHL player." -- The Athletic's Corey Pronm

"On a loaded team that didn't play him on the top line or power play unit for much of the season, Khusnutdinov put together an impressive rookie season in the MHL - and did it while spending the entire year as a 17-year-old. Khusnutdinov makes plays all over the ice, he's a responsible three-zone player, he doesn't shy away from playing to the interior, he's got enough skill to make plays from the exterior and he tracks the play exceptionally well. That last tool helps him intercept pucks or find space in the offensive zone. He's a long-term project but I see a player who continues to maximize his skill set and makes the most out of his career." -- The Athletic's Scott Wheeleranon

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
15 year old player... I mean, Michkov is obviously more talented, but 29 months difference will have to have a bigger impact on the gap between two prospects at this stage of their development, if we talk about top ones.
michkov is just that f***ing good dude, khusnutdinov is still a 1st round talent, but late 1st

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
If he gets to #22, I think there is a good chance the Rangers take him. not only is he a fit for need @ center, but his game+intangibles is very much what the rangers have been looking for recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->