C/W Marat Khusnutdinov (2020, 37th, MIN)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Koose (like loose) New Dee Nov.

That's pretty much how it's pronounced.
Not.

The h is there for a reason. The Kh stands hor a sharp H like in spanish jamon as opposed to the silent H.

The U is pronounced like in "put". Russian does not have a distinction of short and long vowels, so it is not that important how long the vowel is, but it is still way closer to "put" rather than "loose".

That applies for both Us in the name.

The tricky part with the prnounciation is to not let the TD become just one sharp consonant as the T and the D are at the junction of two roots originally.

So it is more like: Khus(U like in put) - nut(same) - din(the I like in "pin") - of(as the V at the end is pronounced like an F).

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think, he's overrated, I've watched a few his MHL games, and he didn't impress me like at all. Great skater and good stickhandler and that's about it, and hockey is a liitle bit more, than those two things.

I have the same impression. It's pretty boring to watch him, actually. He didn't seem very competitive at all.

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
I think, he's overrated, I've watched a few his MHL games, and he didn't impress me like at all. Great skater and good stickhandler and that's about it, and hockey is a liitle bit more, than those two things.
What in particular did you find he was lacking? Which skills/abilities? And what is the chance that he'll be able to develop in those areas going forward, do you think?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What in particular did you find he was lacking? Which skills/abilities? And what is the chance that he'll be able to develop in those areas going forward, do you think?

Well, he doesn't click with his linemates, he does the most obvious passes, but as soon as a game situation goes complicated, he looks lost. He isn't creative with the puck, always trying to do everything by himself, I have a feeling, his IQ isn't that great.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
He also has good hockey IQ, great PK. I see him as defensive forward, not as good offensively. Still , he is only 18, he can become much better in other aspects of the game. He could become someone like Zetterberg, but he needs to work on it. I wish him good luck and hope Red Wings get him in the second round

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He seems to lack offensive instincts, playmaking, and scoring ability. Those are the main things I would say he's not that good at.

He plays 200 feet, skates really well, can handle the puck. I don't think he'll stick at center, but should be able to play wing. He can probably be a bottom six winger in the NHL, even if the offense never comes. I don't think he's a first rounder, so I do think some overrate him, but I think he could become a useful NHL'er.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Well, he doesn't click with his linemates, he does the most obvious passes, but as soon as a game situation goes complicated, he looks lost. He isn't creative with the puck, always trying to do everything by himself, I have a feeling, his IQ isn't that great.
I watched one of his MHL games, which yeah that’s just one game, but I came away with the same impression. I don’t understand why some posters here are so high on the guy.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I watched one of his MHL games, which yeah that’s just one game, but I came away with the same impression. I don’t understand why some posters here are so high on the guy.
Yeah, I do see the appeal. 2-way player, some offensive upside, seems like he has a decent motor and certainly has a chance of being a very good player, but so do many guys in the draft. I'm not ready to join the church of Marat putting him in the top 10

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Guys who skate fast and can really stickhandle are an appealing watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->