C Vasiliy Ponomaryov (2020, 53rd, CAR, traded to PIT)

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Currently has 11 points in 14 games as a rookie in the MHL, tied for 3rd best on his team. And that's with 6 games missing. Kid looks good

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the name Ponomaryov changed to Ponomarev (like a few years ago when Sergachyov went to Sergachev)?

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the name Ponomaryov changed to Ponomarev (like a few years ago when Sergachyov went to Sergachev)?
Both options butcher proper pronunciation so you can use whatever you like :)

BTW if Misha had “Sergachov” written on his jersey it would instantly solve the problem of pronunciation. Alas, it violates transcription rules so I cri evryteim when announcers speak his surname.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
BTW if Misha had “Sergachov” written on his jersey it would instantly solve the problem of pronunciation. Alas, it violates transcription rules so I cri evryteim when announcers speak his surname.

Americans butcher most names. They arent close on the scandinavian names either.

Hoquei

May 24, 2018
Brazil
Apparently will play in North America this season, LHJMQ. Shawinigan.

He played very well in almost every Hlinka game, including the grand final against Canada. Askarov is getting his deserved attention, but it's worth keeping an eye on this guy too ...

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Yep, Vasiliy Ponomarev will play for the Shawinigan Cataractes, along with Mavrik Bourque. Both COULD become 1st rounders in 2020 draft. I'll be able to provide scouting reports on both this season!

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So Avangard's president Maxim Sushinsky told this site, they wanted to sign Ponomarev, but his dad asked for unreal money, more, than Emelin got, who, btw, played in the NHL and is now Avangard's captain. So they decided to not sign the kid, and now he's going to play in the CHL.

Kinda reminds me Kirill Kabanov's story. Hope, Ponomarev won't end up as Kabanov.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
So Avangard's president Maxim Sushinsky told this site, they wanted to sign Ponomarev, but his dad asked for unreal money, more, than Emelin got, who, btw, played in the NHL and is now Avangard's captain. So they decided to not sign the kid, and now he's going to play in the CHL.

Kinda reminds me Kirill Kabanov's story. Hope, Ponomarev won't end up as Kabanov.

He will be a total failure. Hopefully he will not be accepted back to play in Russia once he fails in North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad