C/LW Matvei Guskov - Salavat Yulaev Ufa, KHL (2019, 149th, MIN)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think, Guskov didn't have a lot of perspectives to make the KHL any soon, so why not the CHL? I mean, he doesn't look like a future supertar anyway. To me it's pretty simple, actual top Russian prospects (forwards at least) rarely choose the CHL way, because they prefer to play in the KHL and make money. If they don't have a lot of KHL perspectives, they sometimes choose the CHL, which means they aren't very high in Russian prospects ranks.

Reactions: Habs76

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I think, Guskov didn't have a lot of perspectives to make the KHL any soon, so why not the CHL? I mean, he doesn't look like a future supertar anyway. To me it's pretty simple, actual top Russian prospects (forwards at least) rarely choose the CHL way, because they prefer to play in the KHL and make money. If they don't have a lot of KHL perspectives, they sometimes choose the CHL, which means they aren't very high in Russian prospects ranks.
Because they turn to pumpkins in the CHL.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Kid is adjusting well.

Good mix of skill, skating and shows he isnt afraid of getting to dirty areas or playing physical and standing up for himself.
He has showed very well so far in London and expect a big step forwatd next year with a bigger role. Should be a 2nd rd pick at worst

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
what's up with this kid? sounds like he doesn't get a lot of prime opportunity on that team, but he
looks pretty good to me.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
what's up with this kid? sounds like he doesn't get a lot of prime opportunity on that team, but he
looks pretty good to me.

If his ice-time was tracked this year, I would guess it would be in the 10-13 minute range. Guskov has mainly played on the 3rd/4th lines this year, and if he was higher in the lineup, he would have produced more (probably not to a PPG level, but still better).

Guskov is still a very raw player that needs to work of his quickness, but he definitely has flashes of skill. Also, he plays with tons of sandpaper, so he could very well settle into a bottom-6 spot in the pros.

I think he's a worthy investment of a 3rd/4th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad