C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Surprisingly sent to the AHL to start the season.

NYR do have depth with forward so I guess it's a good move for contracts, play time and development.

But how they sent down Lias and keep Howden. That I don't get it. Both been very good in pre season.

Anyway, we all know he'll be called up down the line and be part of their top 6 one day.

He can now start carrying a pro team down the middle and probably have a "A" with Hartford.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Makes sense, there’s no room for him and Chytil’s just better
Management likely wants him to stay at C and we have Zib/Hayes/Chytil at C already

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
NYR do have depth with forward so I guess it's a good move for contracts, play time and development.

But how they sent down Lias and keep Howden. That I don't get it. Both been very good in pre season.

Anyway, we all know he'll be called up down the line and be part of their top 6 one day.

He can now start carrying a pro team down the middle and probably have a "A" with Hartford.

What Lays said. It’s not just Howden either. He’s better than some of the winger options, but it seems like top 9 center or bust is what it was for Andersson making the team.

chewbaccaman

Aug 31, 2018
Seattle
Is Howden seen as a 4th line C option? Thought he would definitely start the year in the AHL. Wanted to see Lias in the big leagues this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I don't believe this.

He's a better winger than Lettieri or Vesey, whichever one of those two plays in the top 9. Brooks said earlier in the preseason that they didn't want to move Chytil or Andersson off center, and we know he gets that info from the team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Leads all u21 players in scoring in the AHL.
Kravtsov leads all u20 players in scoring in the KHL

Good starts to the season for our top-10 picks
:laugh: How does he compare to say Chlapik and Batherson in pts per game.. Both these guys have 5 pts in 3 games while Silver has 6 in 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad