C/LW Lias Andersson (2017, 7th, NYR, traded to LAK)

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Do not see a thread about him

He ended the season with 37 24 35 59 in superelit, which means a PPG on 1,59, the same as W Nylander had the year before his draft (Nylander played lesser games in superelit, in the same amount of games, Lias Andersson had higher PPG). Also 2 goal in 1 playoff game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK2rA4mcQWE

2:45

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
How good Lias Andersson will be in 1 year or in 10 years I do not know, maybe things take a wrong turn. But right now, it should be some hype around him consider his stats from superelit is the best ever from what I can see(one year before the draft). He has also now proven himself internationally, I would say he was swedens best player in WJC 18. He is not huge but he no midget either, so size should not be a issue. The main downside would be that he is one of the older in the draft, and that could affect the stats. We will se.

Lias Andersson 1,59PPG in superelit, 22 games in SHL 0p. 9p in 7 games in WJC 18.

You can compare that to how other 1th rounder (forwards) from sweden did in their year before the draft in the last years.

2015:
Eriksson Ek
, 0,3 PPG in superelit , no games at senior level
2014:
W Nylander
1,59PPG in superelit 6p in 8 games in senior level (allsvenskan not shl), 3p in 5 games in WJC 18. 10p in 6 games in WJC 17
Kempe: 0,33 PPG in superelit, no games at senior level. 5 goal in 5 games in WJC 17.
2013:
Elias Lindholm, 1,36 PPG in superelit 12 games in SHL 0p, 3p in 4 games in WJC 18.
Wennberg: 0,45 PPG in superelit, 1 SHL game 0p. 9p in 6 games in WJC 18.
Burakovsky: 1PPG in superelit, 10 games in allsvenskan 1p. 8p in 6 games in WJC 17, 3p in 6 games in WJC 18.
2012:
Filip Forsberg: 1,11PPG in superelit. 1p in 10 games in allsvenskan. 6p in 6 games in WJC 18.
2011:
Landeskog
- Did not play in sweden.
Zibanejad: 0,28 PPG in superelit, no senior games, 9p in 6 games in WJC 17.
Rakell: 0, 5 PPG in superelit, no senior games. 2p in 6 games in WJC 17.

Other noticeable player
Bäckström: 1,17 PPG in superelit, 19 games in SHL 0p, 5p in 7 games in WJC 18.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Think he is going back to Frölunda for 16/17 season.
Se if he can make a bigger impact in NHL then his dad....

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
very comparable to nylander it seems, and at 5'11 200 seems more mature. He might even end up being better then willy, but a lot will happen from now to next draft, and it should be noted that hes a late birthday.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
any update on him, hes flying so under the radar, saw a mock draft and hes taken in the 3rd round?
he put same 1.59 ppg as nylander did in draft -1 and played 22 games at shl which not even nylander got to do(although allsvenskan showing was good).

Other then being a bit old for the draft i dont see why hes not being noticed?

also hows his game any similarities to W. Nylander or other nhl players?
pros? cons?
im pretty interested, is he more a center or wing?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He's not half as skilled as the Nylander's but plays a more well-rounded game. I think Alex Steen is a good comparable. Very likeable player but I'd like to see him gain some more explosiveness in his skating.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He's not half as skilled as the Nylander's but plays a more well-rounded game. I think Alex Steen is a good comparable. Very likeable player but I'd like to see him gain some more explosiveness in his skating.

ahh, weird how much he scores though? i mean his numbers are gawdy
so a two way winger in the mold of steen is his best comparison?
any other information, like his shot, edge work iq ect...
and if he has a strong 2017 season do you think he could be a top 15 pick?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
ahh, weird how much he scores though? i mean his numbers are gawdy
so a two way winger in the mold of steen is his best comparison?
any other information, like his shot, edge work iq ect...
and if he has a strong 2017 season do you think he could be a top 15 pick?

Andersson was a birth year older than Nylander. Tearing up the U20 league as a U17 player is much, much harder, you only need to look at the all time scores at that age to see that. Nylander also played on a pretty bad team as opposed to Andersson who had a couple of high end linemates to play with.

Andersson does have that ability to find the net and show up on the scoresheet though. His shot is one of his best offensive tools but he passes the puck really well too.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Andersson was a birth year older than Nylander. Tearing up the U20 league as a U17 player is much, much harder, you only need to look at the all time scores at that age to see that. Nylander also played on a pretty bad team as opposed to Andersson who had a couple of high end linemates to play with.

Andersson does have that ability to find the net and show up on the scoresheet though. His shot is one of his best offensive tools but he passes the puck really well too.

awesome thanks so much man, very helpful :handclap::yo:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

Please be free to mention some players with better PPG and point total than Andersson 1 year before the draft, no matter what part of the draft year they where born in. He has also played good internationally, and didnt looked out of place in shl.

But I agree, he do not remind of Nylander in playstyle, then I think Boqvist reminds more of Nylander in playstyle.

Superelit is fairly even overall. What linemates are you talking about? He was the big force in Hv71s superelit team among forwards. He had 59p, the closes was Ahl that had 31p but he didnt play that much in superelit, so the closes regulary superelit forwards was a couple of players with 25p. He had about 140% more points then the closest regular forward from his team. So he didnt get that much help from his linemates.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Going off of stats only Andersson and Patrick are the two big standouts so far. Unfortunately there just isn't much film available to the public to see what kind of skills he has.

Any info on this kids game would be highly appreciated.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
17th in the DraftBuzz 2017 Prelim Ranking in the 2016 NHL Draft Guide. Have seen Lias do it all over the last two years.

Looked fantastic at the NJEC camp and is now in consideration for #6-#10. Here's his file from June's guide:

Career Highlights: J20 Superelit (Overall) Most Assists (35) 15/16 ... J20 Superelit (Overall) Most Points (59) 15/16 ... U18 WJC Silver Medal 15/16...U18 WJC Top 3 Player on Team 15/16

Scouting Report: Two way chameleon moves to the pace of what’s required...in J20 looks like a hardnosed superstar...internationally, gives reliable utility playing a simple game...great shot, works well off the walls, and can skate...he could benefit immensely from a NA based draft season.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He seems like a very promising prospect. I'll be surprised if he drops out of the top-10 but not that surprised if he is in the top-5.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
17th in the DraftBuzz 2017 Prelim Ranking in the 2016 NHL Draft Guide. Have seen Lias do it all over the last two years.

Looked fantastic at the NJEC camp and is now in consideration for #6-#10. Here's his file from June's guide:

Agree, I think he's a player who could have benefitted from playing in the CHL this season. Afraid he won't get the minutes he needs in the SHL this year. What's your opinion on his skating?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Agree, I think he's a player who could have benefitted from playing in the CHL this season. Afraid he won't get the minutes he needs in the SHL this year. What's your opinion on his skating?

I consider there to be about 4-5 dynamic skaters (skating as an individual tool) first round rated currently. Lias isn't one of them, but there's nothing to worry about and he's a notch over average. I particularly like his speed and handle/coordination with the puck - he can identify pass/shot without slowing down, and coming out of high traffic areas.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
I noticed he had a decent amount of penalty minutes (especially for the league he plays in), is it just bad discipline or does he play with an edge to his game?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I noticed he had a decent amount of penalty minutes (especially for the league he plays in), is it just bad discipline or does he play with an edge to his game?

I'm not sure on the discipline part but he does play with an edge. Very chippy. There were more than a few times where he would score and taunt the other bench. :laugh:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Was great at the NJEC this summer and great again here in the U20 tournament. Not a flashy player but just does all the little things right and stays involved in the play. Thought he was the focal point of his line against the czechs. I think he projects very well at center. Could maybe end up as a #2C in the NHL one day.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Obviously this depends heavily on who drafts him,
But what are the odds he ever plays for the Kitchener Rangers who took him last year in the Import Draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->