C/LW Aleksanteri Kaskimäki - IFK Helsinki, liiga (2022, 73rd, STL)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy was very impressive, and I predict will rise on draft boards over the course of the season. Very good puck skills and skating ability. He looks like he can pass and shoot, and while he was playing LW for Finland, he is listed as a center. Can he play center? If so, that might even further elevate his draft stock. Size isn't bad either at 6'0.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scored 4 goals for HIFK today's U20 SM sarja game vs Saipa.
After tonight's Saipa game Kaskimäki is HIFK's and U20 SM sarja's leading scorer.
In 4 games Kaskimäki is scored 10 points ( 7 goals and 3 assists ).
Video of the Kaskimäki's 4 goal game comes later ( when i found it )

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Can someone tell me if he is playing center or winger? And if he projects as a center or winger?

Thanks!!

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Kid is ripping it up and flying way under the radar

Yup absolutely underrated prospect based on the hype.
Kaskimäki's accident is that HIFK's roster in SM liiga is win now mode
and HIFK is competing SM liiga championship title ( HIFK is always championship favorite ).

Without injury issues it's unlikely to see Kaskimäki getting his SM liiga debut this season.
And of course there's that NCAA possibility as well and if Kaskimäki wants to play NCAA hockey
then he can't play in SM liiga at all.

Kaskimäki has practiced with HIFK's liiga team
but when he'll play or will he play at all is another story.

Reactions: covfefe

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It's rare you see draft eligibles be put in this kind of position in Liiga. Not to mention HIFK is the top team in the league. I'm officially intrigued. How's his hockey IQ?

His hockey IQ is pretty much the reason for his callup (in addition to a roster opening). He's a good skater, has good skills, but the only thing that stands out to me so far is that he has good vision and calm decision making.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Has been very disappointing in this tournament. Came into it as one of Finland's supposed top offensive players and has mostly been invisible and made mediocre plays. Definitely not among the best 5 forwards for team Finland. Closer to top 10, if lucky.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Has been very disappointing in this tournament. Came into it as one of Finland's supposed top offensive players and has mostly been invisible and made mediocre plays. Definitely not among the best 5 forwards for team Finland. Closer to top 10, if lucky.

I've always preferred him when playing center. I don't think the wing plays to his strengths as well.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad