C Linus Karlsson - Karlskrona HK, SHL (2018, 87th, SJS)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Late 1999 born Swedish center has been stuck in between the SHL sand SuperElit this year, dominating the SuperElit with 52 pts in 42 games, but only had one assist in 13 SHL games. He’s sitting around my 4th round right now.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Was hopinrg he'd be there at #105

I think he should be at least a top niner

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
For those who have seen him play, is he likely to earn a prominent role in the SHL or would he benefit coming over to play in the CHL should he be selected in the import draft?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
For those who have seen him play, is he likely to earn a prominent role in the SHL or would he benefit coming over to play in the CHL should he be selected in the import draft?

Karlskrona was relegated this year, so he'd be playing in the Allsvenskan. I think that'd be a perfect next step for him. It should be possible to get good icetime next year.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Assuming zero people have seen him play in Allsvenskan.

Seems to be in a limited role.
Watched one game of Karlskrona because I was watching Lucas Edmonds. He's progressing at a decent pace and using his size well, looks improved from last year a little physically. He's got a good offensive package and I can see why Gradin would've pointed him out (assuming why this happened). I still don't like the trade, but he has the tools to become a top 6 forward in the NHL. The chance of that may be low, but I can see it happen. Wasn't playing top 6 minutes when watching. My criticism last year was domination in SuperElit but against men in the SHL wasn't much of anything. he seems to be working on the strength and positioning aspect well. I'd like to see what he can do in the SHL next year (hoping Karlstkrona makes it back up to the SHL).

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone own his CHL rights? Can he play in the AHL this year? What would have been San Jose's plan for him next year?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Does anyone own his CHL rights? Can he play in the AHL this year? What would have been San Jose's plan for him next year?

Is he good enough to play in the AHL next year?

No one has his CHL rights, it won't be an option of relevance.

Should he and can he are two different things. He can play in the AHL, but seeing how Lind, Gadjovich, Dahlen, Palmu and Jasek have done, he's not ready. I'd rather him stay in Sweden another year or even two before rushing him over based off of how bad our AHL development phases are going.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Anyone have a good scouting report on Karlsson. He is 6 goals short of beeating Petey Rookie goals record in the SHL and honestly look like he could very well be a player for the Canucks.

Lots of PP goals but he could be an excellent fit as a 3 RW/PP 3 player

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
About to match Petterssons rookie goal record and is third in the entre SHL. He is on a very promising trajectory now.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Very impressive numbers. What does he do well? Is him becoming an NHL 3rd line centre realistic to hope for with Karlsson?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad