C Liam Foudy - London Knights, OHL (2018, 18th, CBJ)

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Very interesting player for sure, but does he have enough offensive potential to be seen as a future top 6 player?

Also, saw in your article that his mother is France Gareau and his brother's name is Jean-Luc... Does anybody know if he happens to speak French?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Very interesting player for sure, but does he have enough offensive potential to be seen as a future top 6 player?

Also, saw in your article that his mother is France Gareau and his brother's name is Jean-Luc... Does anybody know if he happens to speak French?
Incoming Habs pick

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal

Would be a shame if he didn't

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Toronto kid who could slide into the 1st round. Killed the combine by the way.

Would he be a reach at 25th overall?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I don't think so. IMO if the Sens reached for him at 22 it would not bother me a bit... I was targeting Kaut if he lasts that long but he was sent home from the combine with a heart issue.. Its not supposed to be serious but it is a concern.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Damn - he really rose up the ranks this year.

If I remember correctly from his OHL draft, he is an OFSAA track star as well.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I'm a big fan of Foudy. I thought he really improved this season.

Really excited about his combine results - fantastic for him.

Foudy as a first round pick is a bit generous for what i've seen from him - but I really like him a lot, so certainly won't complain.

For any team that picks him - London is obviously in a transition point given its sell-off second half of last season. So when Foudy returns to the team next season he'll play a prominent role for sure.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

DraftGuru

Mar 6, 2018

Not that it means anything because it seems like most agencie's rankings are all over the place but McKeens has Foudy now at 25. I wouldn't mind taking him at 25 or even trading down a bit and taking him and picking up another pick. I don't think he lasts until 52. Just curious, does anybody know if the Leafs interviewed Foudy at the combine? I don't think they did.

Reactions: flamebird

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
40th OA to the Oilers?
I know the instinct is to put him with McDavid but I think he'd be better with Draisaitl. A line of Foudy-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi would have a devastating mix of size, skill and speed if Puljujarvi can get his shit together.

Reactions: 99664987

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think Button had him at #40....good bet to go somewhere between #35 and #45....speed merchant center who might a little short in the playmaking department.....but will defer to those who have actually seen him play....came on like gangbusters in the last 30 games so a good bet to kill it in the OHL in his draft-plus-one year.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised if Montreal targets him with one of their 2 early 2nd rounders. He'd definitely help organizational depth at C.

Reactions: SantaClaus

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Hopefully the Jets can snag him in the 2nd round. Guy seems like a fitness freak and has some wheels.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think his floor is around pick 20. I think he has more upside than his teammate Alex Formenton. I really like this kid and wont be upset if we take him at 22.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->