C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This guy is a franchise center prospect. He has everything you want in a prospect, Size/Skating/I.Q/Vision/Shot.

Someone is going to be running to the podium to announce his name.
Absolutely. Watch out everyone, he is coming through. Super excited to watch him a bunch this year; it’s been a while since Saskatoon has had a player even close to his caliber.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah he's been unreal this year and has no weaknesses. To me he's secures a top 10 spot and he's 3rd for me. He's improved his skating so much, added muscle and is shooting the puck with confidence. A force who isn't long for junior hockey

He's top 3. Never been a doubt in my mind. Cozens is great but Dach has more on the offensive side.

Reactions: savard95

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I think Cozens will be the better player when both players hit the tender age of 21-22...

a month ago when the question came up of 2001 born players other than Lafreniere for the World Junior team I picked Cozens over Dach, but Dach is playing better, so, as of today, Dach over Cozens for the U20 team. If I had to make a hard choice of only 1 '01 born player for the U20 team, I'd take Dach over Lafreniere. completely unimpressed with Lafreniere's start to the season.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I think Cozens will be the better player when both players hit the tender age of 21-22...

a month ago when the question came up of 2001 born players other than Lafreniere for the World Junior team I picked Cozens over Dach, but Dach is playing better, so, as of today, Dach over Cozens for the U20 team. If I had to make a hard choice of only 1 '01 born player for the U20 team, I'd take Dach over Lafreniere. completely unimpressed with Lafreniere's start to the season.
are you flying around the country watching games? Ill tell you there is nothing wrong with Lafrenieres start...if everyone is expecting Sidney Crosby 2.0 they are in for a rude awakening...Lafreniere is having a great start...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Dach is exactly the guy I had hoped to snag with the Ottawa pick.

I don't get the infatuation other Avs fans have with Hughes and especially Kappo. Sure both of these guys are studs but the one thing the Avs right now really are missing and don't really have a potentially legit inhouse solution (like Makar could be for #1/2D) is a guy like Dach or Cozens to anchor our 2nd line for the next 10 years or so.

Mackinnon/Dach or MacKinnon/Cozens look like amazing 1-2 punches down the middle that comes
at you with very different playstyles and are bound to catch teams off guard.

Ottawa looks way better than expected but Kirby we kind of still really need you..
You might want to stop scoring now ....

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Dach is exactly the guy I had hoped to snag with the Ottawa pick.

I don't get the infatuation other Avs fans have with Hughes and especially Kappo. Sure both of these guys are studs but the one thing the Avs right now really are missing and don't really have a potentially legit inhouse solution (like Makar could be for #1/2D) is a guy like Dach or Cozens to anchor our 2nd line for the next 10 years or so.

Mackinnon/Dach or MacKinnon/Cozens look like amazing 1-2 punches down the middle that comes
at you with very different playstyles and are bound to catch teams off guard.

Ottawa looks way better than expected but Kirby we kind of still really need you..
You might want to stop scoring now ....

Jost would be and is a pretty darn good 2C is he not?

Reactions: Lemonlimey

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Jost would be and is a pretty darn good 2C is he not?

Might be early but I am really not impressed with him at center. I think my best case scenario for him is to play wing next to Dach. I really don't want him as our center longterm. He is on the small side of things and simply does not skate well enough to make up for it. At least not at the center position. As a whole I am not a giant Jost fan so I might underrate him but I really don't think he is or should be our longterm solution behind Mac down the middle. I mean he is still very young so there obviously is a lot of room for improvement but I always thought he would be a winger on the next level and so far everything I have seen from him has only strengthened that belief.

I very much rather would run X - Dach - Jost instead of X - Jost- Kakko for example. Now if Kakko can reliably project to play center at the next level, my evaluation might change but I am not sure about that. Have not seen enough of him to make that judgment.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
12 games in and he’s already tied his amount of goals from last season. He’s a huge kid too, I see him going very high in this draft. No team wants to turn down a 6’4 offensive centre.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Is he better than Cozens?
Both are top 10 talents but yes I think Dach is better. Just has a more dynamic skill set and upside. Coming into the year Dach had more questions about his game but he mist have worked hard over the summer because he doesn't have any holes left and has confidence to use his shot which was another issue last year. He's filled out while becoming a better skater and is playing much more physically than last year. Kakko and Hughes get most of the attention but Dach(and Byram) are potentially putting their names in that hat too if they keep this level of play up.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
12 games in and he’s already tied his amount of goals from last season. He’s a huge kid too, I see him going very high in this draft. No team wants to turn down a 6’4 offensive centre.
Yeah that seals it for me. My only concern about him was his shooting volume and ability to finish, not because he didn't have any but because he hadn't showcased it yet. Now that he's showing he can do it, he'll be more efficient and that pushes him in front of Cozens for me.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kid is the real deal so far. His shooting ability has gone from zero to 60 real quick. He always had the ability to be a playmaker and now he is showing he can shoot as well. Damn.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kid is the real deal so far. His shooting ability has gone from zero to 60 real quick. He always had the ability to be a playmaker and now he is showing he can shoot as well. Damn.

You could see his shooting ability when he first started in the league, he just... wouldn't shoot. Now he knows that to be the player that goes top 3 in this draft and a legit #1C in he NHL, he has to shoot more. He's still not shooting enough but he will likely hit the 30 goal threshold in the WHL which is what I was personally hoping for because he's already an elite playmaker.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
First time watching him play, man thats a big skilled centre!!

Sees the ice real well, good skater, even pretty good defensively already.

I know they have already destined Hughes as the first overall with a little talk about kakko but i can see a team preferring this guy at the first pick.

Things might get interesting for this draft.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad