C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Drafted 2nd overall in the WHL Bantam Draft and is now the first player from that class to sign with his new team. A big smart forward who deserves a thread here. Could see a similar career path to that of Sam Reinhart and they have some similarities in their game as well.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Drafted 2nd overall in the WHL Bantam Draft and is now the first player from that class to sign with his new team. A big smart forward who deserves a thread here. Could see a similar career path to that of Sam Reinhart and they have some similarities in their game as well.

I love Dach, IMO he was a home run pick...love his hockey IQ and ability to make tough plays look simple....to me that takes a big talent to do that.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
So apparently he sprouted 4-5 inches and is now somewhere between 6'2 or 6'3. Statistically he's having a good season in Midget as a rookie aged player (played underaged).

Has anyone seen him this season? Pretty crazy I can recall people saying only 6 months ago Krebs had the size advantage on him and that could play a factor, now he has 3+ inches on Krebs.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I watched him Jan 1st vs Swift Current and he was very impressive. I'd say he's about 6'2 now but is fairly thin so obviously he still needs to fill out. He was constantly generating chances and was actually pretty good defensively already. Dach, Krebs and Barlage are the 3 forwards who I think will make a lot of noise for the 19 draft out west.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Quite impressive for a kid that size more than two years from his draft day. Sweet hands, beautiful finish.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Created some good chances but was also outmuscled like you'd expect a barely 16 yr old to be. Him and Patrick had a convo and he was just as tall so he's up to 6'3 now but looked like a toothpick next to Patrick.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What's a good comparable for Dach at this point?

I'm thinking a) in terms of style and b) in terms of talent?

Who does he compare to? How good of an NHLer could he be?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Can anyone speak of the 6 goals in 22 games in the AMHL as listed on Eliteprospects? He's at .27 gpg compared to last years average of .41, I would have expected him to have a large increase in scoring in the same league?

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Finally got to see Dach live last night. He is a hell of a player - if he didn't have the full cage on, you wouldn't know he was underaged.

His skating isn't great - he looks like a kid that has grown a lot recently and hasn't figured out how to move his body fluidly yet. He skates with his shoulders and looks awkward as all hell. However, I think that is going to grow out of this in the next couple of years.

The kid has silky hands, and even though he looked awkward on his skates he didn't get pushed around as much as other 15 year olds I've seen in the WHL. He was also very good positionally so it looked like the puck was just finding him all the time.

He's a very good hockey player and I think this extra little run with the Blades as a 15 will really help him in the long run.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Any updates from people keeping up with him? looks like a slow start to the season looking at the stats

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Hasnt put up the points but he's still playing well and generating chances. Not getting as much PP time as most expected and Saskatoon got off to a rough start but they seem to be turning the ship around of late.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Noone has jumped the shark on this guy yet (No thread already made), so let's talk about the 2nd overall pick in the 2016 whl draft instead of the first shall we?
Being the 2nd overall pick in 2016, Kirby Dach is a very good player playing for the saskatoon blades (10-12-2-1). ISS Hockey Quotes how he plays and if he is a good prospect or not: "great combination of size, strength and puck skills … ‘offence first’ mentality … soft hands… good puck pursuit … quick stick … finds availa".
I am gonna keep an eye on this prospect, as I see some NHL upside in him.
-BlueBull, 2017

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->