C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
This kid looks absolutely studly... in the summer. Lets see him do this in the fall but boy that was a fantastic archived game today.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
There are a lot of people you’ll find off the street who have the size to play in the NHL this year. I don’t think that’s ever been the main reason a prospect started in the NHL after being drafted.
The average male is 5’9 and the average NHL player is between 6’1 - 6’2. Size is definitely a main reason with skill added or the average NHL height would correlate with the world’s average male height.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Apparently his one assist against the States yesterday was supposed to be a pass to Lafreniere but it ended up on Velenos stick. An impressive play but takes it down a bit. Those guys will be fun to watch

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
I remember Jordan Stall having 'consistency issues' when he was bored in the OHL.

d rake

Jan 7, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
Apparently his one assist against the States yesterday was supposed to be a pass to Lafreniere but it ended up on Velenos stick. An impressive play but takes it down a bit. Those guys will be fun to watch
I can't say for sure, but from what I can see it still likely goes in if Lafrenière gets it.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
How's he looking in preseason so far, Hawks fans?
He got concussed in the Traverse City tournament and has only just today started skating again. Unfortunate considering that injury will likely seal his fate for another year in Saskatoon, but at least it wasn't too bad of a concussion and shouldn't hamper him long term.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Dach's getting his first pro game tonight. Apparently, an 18yo is eligible to play in the AHL if it's for conditioning purposes, which is something I was not aware was possible.

Always been possible, not the first time this has happened.

Conditions:
- Can spend a maximum of 14 days on conditioning loan.
- NHL has the right to deny the loan, and even punish the team if they thought the conditioning loan process was being abused.
- While on conditioning loan Dach counts the same as if he were on the team's active roster:
-- He uses up a roster slot.
-- He is paid his full NHL salary.
-- He counts fully against the cap.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Always been possible, not the first time this has happened.

Conditions:
- Can spend a maximum of 14 days on conditioning loan.
- NHL has the right to deny the loan, and even punish the team if they thought the conditioning loan process was being abused.
- While on conditioning loan Dach counts the same as if he were on the team's active roster:
-- He uses up a roster slot.
-- He is paid his full NHL salary.
-- He counts fully against the cap.
Yeah, saw your post on HF Hawks. You move around here pretty freakin' quick. Figured we'd be scratching our heads about this for at least an hour or two, but then here comes mouser to save the day again.

Reactions: Dominance

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Nice. He probably won't be down there very long considering the conditions. I think he'll still wind up back in Saskatoon eventually though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad