C Kirby Dach (2019, 3rd, CHI)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think he’s a Mark Scheifele clone. At this point in time he’s pretty projectable as a future top line centre.

Interesting thing about Scheif is he has grown into more of a shooter. Which I didn't expect when we drafted him.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I still think they will be among one of the worse teams in the East Division. He will have De Le Gorgendiere, Crnkovic and Plaschewsky joining. Plus Nolan Meier in net. But I think it will be a bit of a development year for them. If those kids pan out as good players and the Blades can manage to build around them with trades for defencemen they should have a really good team in 19/20. I just don't see them being a top team this coming season. Although a lot of teams lost some really good players. Moose Jaw, Swift and Regina are all worse. PA is still rebuilding and Brandon is Brandon...
Dach, Wouters, Florchuk, Paterson and Gerlach can do damage and Farren was really good the last half. Add some good young depth and that's a good forward core plus Maier is a stud who can carry them. D core isn't the best but maybe they can get the swede over from this import draft as he's supposedly pretty good.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Dach, Wouters, Florchuk, Paterson and Gerlach can do damage and Farren was really good the last half. Add some good young depth and that's a good forward core plus Maier is a stud who can carry them. D core isn't the best but maybe they can get the swede over from this import draft as he's supposedly pretty good.

He's big but a low scorer even in Swedish Juniors. Heard he was a shutdown type. Don't know much about him though. I wouldn't put a tonne of confidence in him yet. Regina, Moose Jaw and Swift still have some good players. Brandon may very well be the best in the Division next year.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
This guy is my 'dark horse' to challenge for the 1st overall pick this year.

I don’t think anyone will really challenge Hughes much like Dahlin wasn’t really challenged. But, I could see him being a top 5 or maybe even top 3 pick. Teams at the top usually need big number one centres, this kid has the potential to be that with his size and playmaking ability.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think Dach has the potential to go #2OA this upcoming draft. He's got all the prerequisites to be an impact player. Going to be fun to see how he progresses this year. But I would not be surprised if he gets a lot of scouting ink this season. Not a bad consolation prize if a team misses on Hughes.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Dach will probably always get more love. He's big, everyone loves their big centers.
newhook is barely undersize at 5'11 @ 17 year old. chances are he's easily 6foot. very good lower body strenght from eye test. his skillset is just unreal, he just doesnt get much love because he plays for i a lesser league, he's the type of player who will thrive playing with better player and will make them even better! watch him closely at Hlinka, just right there people will be blown away! but yeah dach is a center with size and he's RH wich doesn't run the street!

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think he skates really well. And especially considering his height. Good fast player with good hands .. Should be a top 10 could be a top 5.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
There's a lot to like about him but I wonder how the fact he doesn't shoot a lot an doesn't seem to have a scoring touch in him will hurt his draft stock.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's a lot to like about him but I wonder how the fact he doesn't shoot a lot an doesn't seem to have a scoring touch in him will hurt his draft stock.

He hit a post, forced the goalie to make a couple difficult saves.. cut to the net and had some quick hands in tight. He scored and created a lot off deflections around the net as well.

He's going to need to shoot more this season and he acknowledges it, but you're right.. if he doesn't score between 25-30 goals in junior this year, he's gonna find his draft stock below Cozens, Turcotte and Newhook.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He must have trained well over the summer as his skating looks a lot better and he filled out some. He has a good shot but the main thing for him to have a big year is for him to shoot more and use his size more effectively. He showed at the Hlinka he used his size better but still had some moments where he looked pass too much. Still should be a top 10 regardless though

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I’m super stoked to watch him play this year, and am going to do so live as much as possible.

The Blades have been embarrassingly awful for the last half-decade, and at one point, I was concerned that this might affect Dach’s development and draft position. Not anymore. This is his team, now. This year’s Blades have only a couple 20 year olds, and the camp is instead filled with high-energy 16- and 17-year olds, including Kyle Crnkovic and Aidan De La Gorgendiere (what a name...hopefully the announcer is forced to say it a lot this year), two recent high draft picks. So much untried youth sounds a tad dangerous, but the Blades have looked monumentally better throughout this year’s training camp than in any year I can easily recall.

It’s not like Dach will be totally bereft of experienced talent, too. This camp gave me my first look at their speedy 19-year old Euro import Kristian Roykas-Marthinsen, who will probably play beside Dach at some point this year, and hopefully stick. The dude, who I think is a Caps prospect, was almost a point and a half a game player in the top Swedish junior circuit and honestly might have one of, if not THE best snappers/wristers in the Dub this year. I think he could have a huge year, and someone should get on creating a prospect thread for him.

Still, it is really clear that Dach will be the Blades’ nucleus this year, in terms of their forward corps and leadership group. He has a great opportunity this season to put up a ton of points and prove that he can lead a team and be the focal point of its offense. Barring injury, I’m calling it now; he’ll be a top-5 pick next year, if not top-3.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I’m super stoked to watch him play this year, and am going to do so live as much as possible.

The Blades have been embarrassingly awful for the last half-decade, and at one point, I was concerned that this might affect Dach’s development and draft position. Not anymore. This is his team, now. This year’s Blades have only a couple 20 year olds, and the camp is instead filled with high-energy 16- and 17-year olds, including Kyle Crnkovic and Aidan De La Gorgendiere (what a name...hopefully the announcer is forced to say it a lot this year), two recent high draft picks. So much untried youth sounds a tad dangerous, but the Blades have looked monumentally better throughout this year’s training camp than in any year I can easily recall.

It’s not like Dach will be totally bereft of experienced talent, too. This camp gave me my first look at their speedy 19-year old Euro import Kristian Roykas-Marthinsen, who will probably play beside Dach at some point this year, and hopefully stick. The dude, who I think is a Caps prospect, was almost a point and a half a game player in the top Swedish junior circuit and honestly might have one of, if not THE best snappers/wristers in the Dub this year. I think he could have a huge year, and someone should get on creating a prospect thread for him.

Still, it is really clear that Dach will be the Blades’ nucleus this year, in terms of their forward corps and leadership group. He has a great opportunity this season to put up a ton of points and prove that he can lead a team and be the focal point of its offense. Barring injury, I’m calling it now; he’ll be a top-5 pick next year, if not top-3.
Yeah the Blades are finally turning the corner on a long rebuild and have a very deep forward core. You never know how the lines will be but Dach+Florchuk had good chemistry last year and Gerlach will likely be the RW with them. Wouters should be the next captain(have absolutely no clue how he went undrafted) and think they'll put RM with him. Either way with the young kids+Paterson the Blades should score a lot of goals this year even with a sub par d-core at the moment.

Reactions: 99664987

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah the Blades are finally turning the corner on a long rebuild and have a very deep forward core. You never know how the lines will be but Dach+Florchuk had good chemistry last year and Gerlach will likely be the RW with them. Wouters should be the next captain(have absolutely no clue how he went undrafted) and think they'll put RM with him. Either way with the young kids+Paterson the Blades should score a lot of goals this year even with a sub par d-core at the moment.

The division is in a bit of a wind down as well. Regina, Moose Jaw, Swift are all on a bit of a downswing. Brandon is Brandon. PA will likely win the division I think. Saskatoon could definitely be in the thick of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad