C John Beecher - USNTDP, USHL (2019, 30th, BOS)

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Very good player IMO.

Not surprised he went in the 1st, but was hoping he'd fall into the 2nd.

Very good skater, good hands, and IQ.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
He's having such a good start. Four points in first 5 games (going into 2nd period of game 5). First goal tonight, pulled it high in the zone, but overall he just looks strong, flying, engaged, good down the middle of the ice

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Finally out of the shadows of Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras et al and playing on a team utilizing him in all situations, the kid is showing why he was a first round pick and he will only get better.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
He was someone I was really impressed with at the u18's. And someone I've put on my must watch this year. I'm hoping to watch a Wolverines game before the u20's but I really doubt it. So in the mean time, anyone watching Beacher, one thing I'm really curious about because I've heard differing opinions; is he liked by his teammates?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I had the game on the side while I was watching another game so I didn't really notice, haven't seen a ton of physicality but I'll look out for it in the future. Not terribly concerned about that aspect though tbh

Was just curious since reports I've seen say he has that in his game. I haven't been able to watch him first hand but was interested in that part. I'm more concerned with how he looks and production.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Was just curious since reports I've seen say he has that in his game. I haven't been able to watch him first hand but was interested in that part. I'm more concerned with how he looks and production.
Yeah he definitely has that capacity from what I saw last year that's what I meant by I'm not concerned. I'm more watching to see whether he can still carry and generate offense, which he seems to be able to do very early in his college career and bodes well for the next level

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah he definitely has that capacity from what I saw last year that's what I meant by I'm not concerned. I'm more watching to see whether he can still carry and generate offense, which he seems to be able to do very early in his college career and bodes well for the next level

He's doing it in a bottom 6 role, right? Going off the Michigan Lineup Tweets, he's been on the 3rd line with fellow Boston prospect, Jack Becker (7th round - 2015). I know it's not his thread but any quick thoughts on his game that you saw?

Not sure how much Beecher gets used in that role but good to see him producing. Does he get any PP time? Thought I read he is used on the PK.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
He's doing it in a bottom 6 role, right? Going off the Michigan Lineup Tweets, he's been on the 3rd line with fellow Boston prospect, Jack Becker (7th round - 2015). I know it's not his thread but any quick thoughts on his game that you saw?

Not sure how much Beecher gets used in that role but good to see him producing. Does he get any PP time? Thought I read he is used on the PK.
All the games in college hockey are at the same time so I didn't really watch the game too closely but I'm pretty familiar with Becker, I watched him a good amount when he was in high school and through his college career so far. I think he's coming along, honestly as a guy his age in college, want to see a bit more but as long as he keeps growing his game and offense he can be a pro guy in time. He's played with Beecher most of the games, has been fairly effective from what I've seen, they complement each other well. They're going to need Becker to be good and I think they probably get good match-ups like you said they don't seem to be getting a top six deployment. Not sure if Beecher gets PP time, I'll look closer next week. Anyone from minnesota - duluth game I could tell you more on lol

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
All the games in college hockey are at the same time so I didn't really watch the game too closely but I'm pretty familiar with Becker, I watched him a good amount when he was in high school and through his college career so far. I think he's coming along, honestly as a guy his age in college, want to see a bit more but as long as he keeps growing his game and offense he can be a pro guy in time. He's played with Beecher most of the games, has been fairly effective from what I've seen, they complement each other well. They're going to need Becker to be good and I think they probably get good match-ups like you said they don't seem to be getting a top six deployment. Not sure if Beecher gets PP time, I'll look closer next week. Anyone from minnesota - duluth game I could tell you more on lol

Quinn Olson? If you want to PM about it to prevent mucking up this thread with more non-Beecher talk, I'm more than fine.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That’s totally bogus. No consistency with the IIHF. I don’t think that a one game ban isn’t appropriate, but there’s no consistency. You can headshot players and get nothing. We’ve seen that happen in this tournament. IIHF is like the NHL. Spin the wheel.

Funkymoses

How much ice time does he get with Michigan?

He recently got bumped to the top line and gets plenty of PP time. Doesn't say a whole lot because this is probably the least talented Michigan team I've ever seen but I like Beecher and he's beginning to come on. Size/speed combo is incredible and he's starting to drive play. Should be in line for a breakout next year when Michigan brings in some more talented Fs to play with.

Becker's a decent college player but his chances of playing in the NHL are slim.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
how is that going to effect the whole team? They must all be exposed from on ice-play. if a few more players, particularly forwards, test positive, they'll be significantly shorthanded

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ooboy...if Beecher tested positive recently, and was practicing with the team, how can they go to Canada? I would hope that they have medical people who are on top this, but I know that the Canadians are much more serious about their Covid restrictions than the US is.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
This sucks big time. Either US team officials or the IIHF officials screwed up big time. Johnny Beecher tested positive once. They apparently didn't get his second test (negative) confirmed in time for the final roster for each nation to be submitted.

The tournament starts December 26, 2020 so why weren't USA allowed to wait for confirmation on a second test. It was only a matter of a few hours.

The second test proved to be negative. As it has proved many times a second test is negative.
But it proved too much to handle for the ultra incompetive IIHF officials.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Tough break for the kid. I’m not a huge fan of his NHL potential but I like the way he plays and think USA could’ve used a big guy like him against what promises to be a dominant Canadian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad