C John Beecher - USNTDP, USHL (2019, 30th, BOS)

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Big kid who can skate. Doesnt play like a powerforward even tho hes got that size. Just got invited to NTDP evaluation camp. Will be interesting to see which route he takes

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Darren Dreger and Craig Button on TSN Radio in Toronto, raving about Hughes, Beecher and Bertuzzi.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What was the plug on TSN? and both him and Hughes are committed to the USNTDP right?

No, he is still deciding between USNTDP and OHL

Beecher is represented by Brisson. Who is the best agent in the NHL and only represents the best prospects.

Crosby, toews, kane, Matthews kopitar etc etc are all represented by him. Will be interesting to see what he recommends he should do.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York

Beecher is represented by Brisson. Who is the best agent in the NHL and only represents the best prospects.

Crosby, toews, kane, Matthews kopitar etc etc are all represented by him. Will be interesting to see what he recommends he should do.

Oh ok. I thought going to the try outs meant a commitment. Didn't know guys went to try outs and still decided after.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
What was the plug on TSN? and both him and Hughes are committed to the USNTDP right?

Dreger was at a junior tournament where they are playing. His son plays for the Whitby Wildcats.

He went on raving mostly about Bertuzzi and Beecher but he mentioned that Hughes is the top prospect right now.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
He really stands out at 6'4" 210 in a smaller than normal group trying out for the national program. How are his stats for the high school league he is in?

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015

Not represented by CAA and Brisson. Family chose a different advisor. Has not committed to a school. Will go to NTDP if he makes the program.

Marshmont63

Jun 22, 2016
The Heights
Is Beecher still looking at the NCAA route? And if so, does anyone know any of the schools that may be involved in his recruitment?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
14 points in 13 games since the Caufield and Turcotte promotions. 18 points in 39 games prior to that. I wasn't all that impressed in his play this season, but playing on the fourth line can't help. He's went from fourth line center to second line center with the three recent promotions of Hughes, Turcotte and Caufield. There's too much talent for all the good players to get big minutes. That team is missing a full line thats been promoted, and there are still 3-4 first round possibilities among the forwards.

Can we get a thread title change? Now plays for the NTDP.

Reactions: Frannel and JiggsNY

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Has the makings of a prospect that could have a very good NHL career. Definite first round potential.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Any update on him this year? Where do you guys see him going in the draft?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Any update on him this year? Where do you guys see him going in the draft?

Second round, although some think he's a late-first.

I don't see much offense in his game. He's big, skates well, good defensively and probably can chip in enough offense to play on a third-line at the NHL level, but I don't see potential much higher than that.

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Second round, although some think he's a late-first.

I don't see much offense in his game. He's big, skates well, good defensively and probably can chip in enough offense to play on a third-line at the NHL level, but I don't see potential much higher than that.

Thanks. I watched some shift-by-shift video on him and that's pretty much exactly what I saw as well. Big and can skate, but doesn't seem to have high-end skill. With that in mind I'm quite surprised some scouts like FC and McKeens have him 1st round. Even #41 as he is ranked on Bobby Macs list seems a bit high, unless those scouts think he has more offense to his game than he has shown so far.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Another strong game for "the forgotten one."

Happy to see the future 2nd round pick from the Blackhawks is playing his role on this loaded team...

Player of the game against Latvia. For a bigger kid, he has solid wheels...like his hands as well, a kid like this might make a lot of people go WTF on how low he goes in a draft...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad