C Jayden Grubbe - Red Deer Rebels, WHL (2021, 65th, NYR; traded to EDM)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Big physical 2way center who plays with a big chip on his shoulder. Kind of a poor mans PLD. Has underrated hands and can pull off high skill plays. Really good puck possession guy and solid skating, needs to keep working on it though. I'm expecting once people finally see him this year he'll find his way up the lists.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Big physical 2way center who plays with a big chip on his shoulder. Kind of a poor mans PLD. Has underrated hands and can pull off high skill plays. Really good puck possession guy and solid skating, needs to keep working on it though. I'm expecting once people finally see him this year he'll find his way up the lists.

Already seems like this will age well.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Habs will draft Jayden Grubbe to play with Jayden Struble and Kaiden Guhle. Just to drive the play by play announcers nuts.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good pick. I like the value. I had him at 50, and we pick him at 65. Can't complain. And he's a center that probably would've went higher without the injuries and with a full season.

Reactions: bl02

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
12 points in 7 games to start the season.

Last season was supposed to be his breakout season after the injury the year prior when he was starting to break out. Last season didn’t go so well. Could have been because he was coming off the injury. Now with a full summer to train and improve, this could be the year he puts all those tools together and becomes a dominant center.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
What is a realistic projection for him at the NHL level? I have always thought that he would end up wearing a letter for the Rangers and becoming a top tier 3rd line center in the NHL.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
@landy92mack29, can we please get an update on how he’s playing?
only seen red deer once so far this year but he looked good and most importantly healthy again. Last year never looked quite right. probably will never put up big numbers once in pro hockey but a shutdown 3C(maybe RW) who puts up 30ish points and plays heavy defensive minutes. Kinda similar to Radek Faksa or Zemgus Girgensons but little more snarl

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
only seen red deer once so far this year but he looked good and most importantly healthy again. Last year never looked quite right. probably will never put up big numbers once in pro hockey but a shutdown 3C(maybe RW) who puts up 30ish points and plays heavy defensive minutes. Kinda similar to Radek Faksa or Zemgus Girgensons but little more snarl
Could he put up 30 pts from the 4th line?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
24 points in 19 games. Leading scorer for the second place Red Deer team. Having a good season. Could be able to stick in the AHL next season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

He tore his ACL when they restarted during the Covid shortened season in 20-21, so his low production in 21-22 season was understandable. Given the size, figured he get a contract to see what he can do in the A. Guess the Rangers have other options instead. They are a destination organization for NCAA free agents and such, so maybe they have enough prospects and don't think he's got much of a future.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I imagine someone will take him with a late round pick.

There is potential here
Big body. If teams project he can be an effective Brian Boyle type big C in the bottom 6, I would imagine they’d look into him with a late round pick. Otherwise he returns to the draft for 2023.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad