C Jaret Anderson-Dolan (2017, 41st, LAK)

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I've been pleasantly surprised by JAD's production this season, however being one of the younger prospects drafted(born a few days later and he'd be in this draft), how has he looked against the tops teams, how does he compare to Yamamoto and who would be a good pro player comparison for him??

I bring up Kailer because scouts and people credit his stats to JAD playing with him last season but this season he seems to have taken his game up a notch or two and would appreciate any info... thanx.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
JAD wasn't necessarily a product of Kailer last season; Kailer was often centred by Elynuik while JAD centred Kousal and Keanu, Yamamoto's older brother. He was paired up with Kailer on the PP, though. I'd suggest that you disregard any opinions that he was exclusively a product of Kailer because he was excellent scoring at 5v5 and had a ton of primary points on said 5v5 production. Anyway..

He's very straightforward and a direct, north-south guy. Thick for his size and can handle himself along the boards and in the corners despite being shy of 6'0. His two-way play and his shot stand out as assets. Very smart and heady player who can be played in all situations at this level. If he tops out as a Plekanec type it would be a major win at #41. Probably more likely that he slots in as a 3rd line C who can play up and down the lineup, but I certainly feel he has top 6 potential and was likely under-drafted last year.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I completely forgot he is still up with the Kings... Had an assist last night and apparently played quite well. Will be curious if he sticks or not

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I completely forgot he is still up with the Kings... Had an assist last night and apparently played quite well. Will be curious if he sticks or not

I thought--whether people agree with the idea or not--that he would have been sent down at 9 games almost no matter what but he's making the case for staying through all-around play; he's getting in there and creating through forechecking and tenacity not just raw skill. He's got the whole package, kid is the real deal. Gonna be a hard decision to make but I think he's endearing himself to Stevens by doing all the little things to stick. Keep in mind though that we have Brown returning shortly and Vilardi as well so there's gotta be some movement (and Brodzinski but many months out).

I hope he's at least earned more minutes now, I also previously said if they're just going to staple him to the bench might as well send him down now so he can thrash juniors. We'll see what happens in the coming days!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Glad to hear that he’s doing well I wanted Dallas to pick him up at 39 last year (though I’m also very happy with Robertson). Knew from the jump he was going to be an NHLer, could easily see him becoming a second line centre or high end third line centre.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Still can't believe this kid was on a no draft list from some teams because his parents are gay. That is the dumbest thing ever.. he can obviously play and is a good prospect.

Yikes if that’s true that’s awful. Who cares how he was raised, he’s a good hockey player and seems like a good kid.

Reactions: My3Sons

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Yikes if that’s true that’s awful. Who cares how he was raised, he’s a good hockey player and seems like a good kid.

Yes its true.. Raised by 2 mothers.. Its sad to say cause alot of hockey people even questioned the situation leading into his WHL draft due to obviously not knowing a thing about who his dad would have been. Teams always like seeing/meeting the mom and dad leading into the draft to figure out size and all that... But for obvious reasons, nobody would know who the male was(feels awkward trying to explain the situation on here but i assume people know what i mean)

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Yes its true.. Raised by 2 mothers.. Its sad to say cause alot of hockey people even questioned the situation leading into his WHL draft due to obviously not knowing a thing about who his dad would have been. Teams always like seeing/meeting the mom and dad leading into the draft to figure out size and all that... But for obvious reasons, nobody would know who the male was(feels awkward trying to explain the situation on here but i assume people know what i mean)

I'm quite curious to know what teams would have this sort of attitude, as well as sources to verify it (even if they are also just hearsay too).

It's hard to attribute the final draft position to some teams having a bias because it would take a large number of them for the player to fall significantly. Tyson Jost (raised by a single mother) certainly didn't fall. I'd be pretty disappointed in any team that passed over players like this for such dumb reasons.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Seems dumb because he’s 5’11, 195 which is good NHL size. Also, lots of times genetics are a crapshoot. My mom is 5’10, Dad is 6’, my older brother ended up 5’8 while I’m 6’4.

I just hope the kid succeeds to show that it doesn’t matter who raises you, all that matters is talent and work ethic.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I'm quite curious to know what teams would have this sort of attitude, as well as sources to verify it (even if they are also just hearsay too).

It's hard to attribute the final draft position to some teams having a bias because it would take a large number of them for the player to fall significantly. Tyson Jost (raised by a single mother) certainly didn't fall. I'd be pretty disappointed in any team that passed over players like this for such dumb reasons.
There is freedom of expression.

Good for the Kings, now we were able to grab a close to 40 goal junior scorer in the second round.

JAD was also one of the youngest in his draftclass.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Still can't believe this kid was on a no draft list from some teams because his parents are gay. That is the dumbest thing ever.. he can obviously play and is a good prospect.

Hockey is so backwards sometimes. Stuff like this pisses me off, I mean come on it's 2018. Any idea which team?

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Hockey is so backwards sometimes. Stuff like this pisses me off, I mean come on it's 2018. Any idea which team?
I'd still like to see some evidence before taking the rumor seriously. It is easier to imagine overzealous reporters suggesting it might have been a factor than it is to imagine that it actually was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acadien86

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
So, I retract my statement from before as I remembered it incorrectly. It was during the WHL draft where teams wouldn't pick him, not the NHL draft, having said that it isn't hard to believe the same mentality would carry forward to the next league.

Jaret hears other players talk smack to him on the ice about his two moms, although it happens less in the WHL because he’s a respected player within the league.
But that’s far from the worst prejudice and discrimination he’s experienced.
When Anderson-Dolan was going through the WHL bantam draft process, some teams told him and his family they would not take him because of his two mothers.
Anderson-Dolan, with the talent to be picked in the top five of the draft, slipped all the way to No. 14 to Spokane.
“I can’t change people’s opinions. If that’s how they feel about it, I’d honestly rather not be in that organization if they’re going to be like that,” Jaret said. “I’d rather be in an organization with the Chiefs where they support it completely.
“Maybe that ended up with me falling in the draft a little bit, but I don’t really care, honestly.”

NHL teams have noticed. He’s ranked 21st among North American Skaters in the NHL Central’s scouting rankings, a number that’s gotten lower and lower as the season has progressed.
If there are NHL teams concerned about his family situation, Jaret won’t worry. He’s going to be proud of it and let the other pieces fall into place.
“Teams have said ‘no, we don’t want to be involved,’ because he has two moms,” Fran said. “And that’s fine, you know what, (it’s) their loss.
“The Chiefs chose not to, and look where he is now.”

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
I watched both of his games so far. First game he barely played and struggled a little.

Second game he was a beast. Watch the whole shift on the amadio goal, he was amazing. He was buzzing all night.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'd still like to see some evidence before taking the rumor seriously. It is easier to imagine overzealous reporters suggesting it might have been a factor than it is to imagine that it actually was.

It was in the WHL where teams passed up on him. JAD said it himself and the article is below.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So much better for him to be in Spokane dominating than spending 5 minutes in LA stapled to the bench for making a mistake Thompson makes several times a game. John Stevens can get f***ing bent.

Got a taste that will be good for everyone and looking forward to him absolutely obliterating juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad