C Jakub Demek - Henderson Silver Nights, AHL (2021, 128th, VGK)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Wow I am really surprised Jakub went this high. I didn’t even know if he was gonna be drafted. Big power forward with some playmaking skill, likes to engage physically. Heading to play for Edmonton Oil Kings after spending time with Slovakia’s U18 project. Real hard worker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mato94

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I think he could have a very successful season with Edmonton, he is in a really good position. Perhaps he can grab the no.1 centre spot in camp. Would be playing with 2 high end wingers in Neighbours and Guenther.

Reactions: hellwar9

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Most of the Czech and Slovak prospects evolving in CHL are category B or C prospects.

Overall, they performed well for the opening of the CHL season.

Their performances will have a great influence on the way in which the Czech and Slovak prospects still evolving in their countries will be perceived.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Most of the Czech and Slovak prospects evolving in CHL are category B or C prospects.

Overall, they performed well for the opening of the CHL season.

Their performances will have a great influence on the way in which the Czech and Slovak prospects still evolving in their countries will be perceived.
Agreed, 1 year ago I saw Demek and didn’t really see much. He’s improved his vision and puck skills so much. He was dominant for Oil Kings last night. Would give us a nice 1-2 punch at WJC with Dvorsky and Demek down the middle

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Very surprised with his success. Didn’t think there was much there when I watched him with the Slovak U18. But if he’s playing with Guenther, that’ll explain it.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Very surprised with his success. Didn’t think there was much there when I watched him with the Slovak U18. But if he’s playing with Guenther, that’ll explain it.
Funny enough, his best game was without Guenther playing. Guenther has actually looked pretty bad in these first 4 games. Demek has played better than him in those games.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010

Demek is actually behind 9 players. He's 5 behind the leader. Tied with 8 goals along with a bunch of others. He looks good though. Good size. Just his skating appears maybe a bit below average. Oil Kings got stronger with the addition of Neighbors who was returned from the St Louis Blues.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Demek is actually behind 9 players. He's 5 behind the leader. Tied with 8 goals along with a bunch of others. He looks good though. Good size. Just his skating appears maybe a bit below average. Oil Kings got stronger with the addition of Neighbors who was returned from the St Louis Blues.
The tweet was from 2 days ago. I guess it was inaccurate. And considering no one thought he would be drafted at all it’s a good start. It shows that our development u18 team is working

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Jack corrected the tweet by adding that it is among U19 skaters, in which case it's accurate.

Not to be nitpicky but Guenther and Stankoven are U19 while Benson and Lisowski are both younger than Demek, Benson not draft eligible till 2023 and Lisowski in 2022. All are above him in goals. I guess he's technically right as all four have one more goal than him. More accurate description would be " he's one goal behind the WHL U19 league leaders". His post made it look like Demek had the second most goals in the league, which he doesn't.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Not to be nitpicky but Guenther and Stankoven are U19 while Benson and Lisowski are both younger than Demek, Benson not draft eligible till 2023 and Lisowski in 2022. All are above him in goals. I guess he's technically right as all four have one more goal than him. More accurate description would be " he's one goal behind the WHL U19 league leaders". His post made it look like Demek had the second most goals in the league, which he doesn't.
What even is your nitpick? He made the correction that it was for U19 skaters, which makes the statement true. idk what your tangent about players being younger was about, but ok, I guess? They're all U19 for this season.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Good production considering he doesn't usually get as much ice time as the top 2 centers Guenther and Luypen. Having said that, he doesn't get the tough match-ups like they do either. Plays the power play but not a lot of penalty killing. I think his production stays the same or goes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad