C Jacob Perreault - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2020, 27th, ANA, traded to MTL)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good player. Like what I've seen from him. Potential early round pick in 2020.

@Tryamkin, nice job spotting that this kid is talented and making a thread, but you spelled his last name wrong. I had trouble finding this thread. Can you please add an "e" before the "a" in his name? Thanks! Hard name to spell. :laugh:

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Good player. Like what I've seen from him. Potential early round pick in 2020.

@Tryamkin, nice job spotting that this kid is talented and making a thread, but you spelled his last name wrong. I had trouble finding this thread. Can you please add an "e" before the "a" in his name? Thanks! Hard name to spell. :laugh:
Yep! I do most of my stuff here on mobile so auto correct plays a factor in my dodgy spelling ;)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Maybe it’s a “grass is always greener on the other side” situation but the 2020 draft looks absolutely LOADED to me. I can’t speak to Euros, but it seems as though they have some outstanding talents at the top this year, and the amount of top-quality guys playing in their D-1 year in the CHL right now is staggering.

Reactions: BagOfShreddedCheese

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Maybe it’s a “grass is always greener on the other side” situation but the 2020 draft looks absolutely LOADED to me. I can’t speak to Euros, but it seems as though they have some outstanding talents at the top this year, and the amount of top-quality guys playing in their D-1 year in the CHL right now is staggering.
The 2020 draft looks insane. The Swedish trio of Holtz, Gunler and Raymond (in that order but just barely for me) is going to be crazy. Really excited for Stutzle coming out of Germany as well, those 4 look like top end talents.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
34 pts in 31 games for the 16 year, leads the OHL in u17 scoring. Does anyone have a scouting report on Yannic's son? Seems to have potential. Also is he from Montreal or Illinois?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
34 pts in 31 games for the 16 year, leads the OHL in u17 scoring. Does anyone have a scouting report on Yannic's son? Seems to have potential. Also is he from Montreal or Illinois?

I've only seen him play twice, so I don't have the best grasp on his game, but he looked like a very good offensive player. Big shot and a powerful skater. Playmaking, puck skills, IQ looked good enough, so the offensive production is not surprising. He has terrific offensive tools. I've yet to watch enough to get an idea of his defensive game. Nothing immediately stood out. I definitely think he's a first round possibility for the 2020 draft, and maybe a high first.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cool Yanic’s son. Is he American or Canadian?

There are two of them. Jacob is playing for Canada right now. I don’t know if he’s played enough hockey in the USA to play for the USA. Gabriel is a few years younger and is playing his hockey in the Chicago area this season.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
PB touched on this already but from my perspective. High end offensive talent, quite strong and powerful for being 5’11, he’s bulked up 200 lbs and uses it well striding powerfully and winning puck battles. Really nice wrist shot with a good release and power, scores a lot of goalies drifting in from the circles with his wrist shot. Decent playmaking as well, but the shot is his number one asset. Born in Montreal and will be representing Canada unless something changes. Top 20 right now based off of recent performances for me.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
There are two of them. Jacob is playing for Canada right now. I don’t know if he’s played enough hockey in the USA to play for the USA. Gabriel is a few years younger and is playing his hockey in the Chicago area this season.
Gabriel is quite decent too apparently, still 13 but I’ve heard good things.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Leads the OHL rookie scoring, 21 goals, 20 assists in 42 games, is +6 and has 106 SOG, is a RW not a C though.
Eliteprospects.com says that he is born in Montreal,QC, but Ontariohockeyleague.com says Hinsdale,IL

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Is second in the CHL rookie scoring

1. Brayden Tracey, Moose Jaw, WHL - 44 points (17 goals) - 2001
2. Jacob Perreault, Sarnia Sting, OHL - 41 points (21 goals) - 2002
3. Egor Serdyuk, Victoriaville Tigres, QMJHL - 39 points (17 goals) - 2001

Leads all CHL rookies in goals, 21

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Perrault will be a first round pick I’m guessing top 15. He plays on a weak team and is leading all ohl rookies, his shot is nhl ready at 16 years old...very hard, very accurate and gets it off his stick quick! He plays real hard with and without the puck, he hussles to lose pucks and battles hard, has decent size already at 6’0 195.. his skating is average and that might be the weakest part of his game but he’s definitely not a weak or slow skater by any means and he will be working on that the most this off season.

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
I'm sure he was born in Montreal. Yanic was playing there then. They likely mix up where some players are born and where they "grew up" on many sites, saying 'born' either way.

If he has hockey sense, skill, and drive, the Leafs should draft him. They never used Yanic properly, time to apologize in a good way.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
is he eligible to play a IIHF tournament in a Canadian sweater this year? by the looks of it he doesn't have the required 2 years in Canada to play for Team Canada. If he is eligible I wouldn't mind seeing him get a spot on the U18 team heading to Sweden in April. if not, then we'll just have to wait until the Hlinka tournament this summer.

Scratchy

Nov 14, 2011
He usually plays left wing and from what I hear sure plays well there. When he plays center he does well too, but left wing may be his best spot.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
He almost exclusively has played wing this season and projects as a winger going forward.

No points in today’s game and continues to be tied for second in OHL rookie scoring behind Rossi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->