C Jack Studnicka - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2017, 53th, BOS)

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I'm surprise there is no thread about him yet. Studnicka finished the season strong, leading his team in the playoff with 11-5-10-15.
I'm expecting him to be draft around the 3rd round.
He don't know why he is flying under the radar so much thus far, he seems to have a nice upside to his game?
Jack Studnicka at eliteprospects.com

- HockeyNow:
"Known as an extremely coachable player, Studnicka plays a safe game with and without the puck and has developed into a reliable two-way forward who makes a good transition from the offensive zone to the defensive zone. Shows a good amount of speed and hustles back to break up odd-man rushes and uses long reach to intercept cross-ice passes. Never stops and has tremendous work ethic. Very effective in the face-off circle and given consistent power play time. His play five-on-five needs to be more consistent to make a difference at the next level. Bulked up over the summer and appears more confident on the ice from a year ago."

- OHL Writers
"In August, Studnicka represented Canada in the precursor to the season and the opening look at draft eligible players for the NHL Draft, the Ivan Hlinka Tournament. He appeared in 4 games for Canada but did not register a point. One season later, Studnicka sits third among Generals in points on 17 goals and 30 assists in 58 games. He’s registered 5 powerplay goals and 9 powerplay assists. But he has shown he can provide offense on the penalty kill as well with 2 goals and an assist while being down a man.

I don’t believe Studnicka is an offense first player, which I see tagged to him plenty. He puts as much attention to detail on the defensive side as he does on the offense. He plays in all situations and takes key faceoffs for the Generals. He’s quietly become the Generals’ top face off man at 53%. It’s his extremely high compete level that makes him pay attention at both ends. Studnicka has good size – although adding bulk will be key for him. He is an excellent skater who has an explosive first step and decent top end speed who can change direction with ease. He possesses very good vision with high quality playmaking skills with an ability to set up his teammates. His shot is underrated in my opinion. His release is deceptive and accurate and he puts every shot on goal with a purpose. Studnicka can be elusive in the offensive zone. He can break away from coverage almost undetected and put himself into scoring positions. He has very good puck skills and strong possession skills. Although he needs to add some muscle, he will not shy away from the hard areas. Once he gets stronger, it will become an area where he wins more often than he loses because of it – and his work ethic."

[B]@Larry Fisher[/B] from The Hockey Writers:
Jack Studnicka might not be the biggest name, but he made one of the biggest impressions at last week's Summer Showcase, increasing his chances of making Canada's world-junior team. I was so impressed that I felt compelled to do a story shining the spotlight on Studnicka: Studnicka Steps Up for Canada at Summer Showcase

Last edited by a moderator:

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Keep the train rolling Boston man can this team draft and because he is a rd 2 guy even more chance he blossoms. Boston is great at rd 2 guys anyone doubts it look it up. Rd 2 guys do make it but the odds against rise after rd 1 a lot of lets says last 16 years. going forward it will be different due to caps on roster salary's.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Huge fan of this kid going back to his draft year. The strong progression he’s shown the past couple seasons should continue even further as he adds some bulk to his frame. Expecting him to dominate the O this year.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Chris Peters✔@chrismpeters

Canada coach Tim Hunter was particularly impressed with Jack Studnicka (BOS) and Jaret Anderson-Dolan (LAK) for playing the right way, being responsible at both ends, playing fast. Gave them last shift to win the game.
7:51 PM - Aug 4, 2018

Chris Peters✔@chrismpeters

Awesome game tonight between USA and Canada. Fun August hockey is fun. Players of the game for each team as selected by the staffs: Jay O’Brien (PHI) and Jack Studnicka (BOS)
7:32 PM - Aug 4, 2018

Corey Pronman✔@coreypronman
Jack Studnicka (BOS) has been quite good tonight.
12:22 AM - Aug 1, 2018

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Studnicka starts the play chipping it to his dee, below his own goal line, then bursts up the ice. He gets a pass from his center man and attacks with his speed on Quinn Hughes and finishes with a nice corner wrister. Excellent break out play 4 passes and in the net.
[/QUOTE]

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Bruins prospect, have to see if his stepping up continues in training camp and leads to him advancing in the Bruins system this year.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This guy was selected the with draft pick that Edmonton had to send Boston for hiring Peter Chiareli, for that reason I hope he turns into a really good player (doubtful though). Nothing personal against EDM, sometimes it's just fun to watch the world burn.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Played well tonight in his 1st game as the second line centre with Bergeron out. He was steady, played smart and got an assist on a nice rush. Could have a decent career as top one or probably 2nd line centreman.

Reactions: Dominance

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Any chance he sticks around when Bergeron comes back? Or will it most likely be a season in the AHL for him

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Any chance he sticks around when Bergeron comes back? Or will it most likely be a season in the AHL for him

I'd say probably not, but he looked great in his first game, his move around the defender to pick up his first assist had a bit of Pasta-esque to it. Not that he wouldn't be able to play in the NHL and contribute, just a testament to the Bruins center depth right now.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->