C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Hughes seems to still have a rawness in his game. It's refreshing. Sometimes I feel that McDavid is too manufactured and does not exhibit enough creativity for his amazing skillset (or maybe it is the Edmonton infection?).

I like the course Hughes took in his development. It has allowed him to run wild and experiment while having world-class coaching. He might not be as NHL-ready as McDavid was, but I think his development course will prove fruitful for his creativity in the long run.

Reactions: Oneiro

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Hughes seems to still have a rawness in his game. It's refreshing. Sometimes I feel that McDavid is too manufactured and does not exhibit enough creativity for his amazing skillset (or maybe it is the Edmonton infection?).

I like the course Hughes took in his development. It has allowed him to run wild and experiment while having world-class coaching. He might not be as NHL-ready as McDavid was, but I think his development course will prove fruitful for his creativity in the long run.
It's funny how that happens once you graduate from playing against kids to 1st line NHL players.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Or maybe you just can't do whatever you feel like in NHL. Hughes will face this as well. And then you'll complain about him.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
You do know that Kakko can't be at this tournament, he has aged out...just an FYI...and I think you meant to say "releaved" not revealed.

No, all 2001 born players are eligible to play at the U18's this year, even if they are already 18 by now...

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

The McDavid commentary is a bit much. The NHL game simplifies things for everybody.

But agreed on the experimentation for Hughes. Before hitting the NHL, these uber talented guys need to try things that others are afraid or incapable of trying. That's what will differentiate them at the next level.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Nobody watches kids hockey in Finland. Even u20 is a marginal kids event.

Why Hughes doesn't play in the adult worldchamps?

He probably could if he wants too. There is definitely room for him. Honestly not sure why Kakko didn't play in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad