C Jack Hughes - USNTDP (2019 Draft) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I see at is as this, Kakko and Hughes are both special prospects. If you take either or you’re not going to come out as a failur, I don’t see why people are so high strung who should go first. Both are great prospects and should be happy with who ever they choose
Well one will be better and thats up to the Devils to make that right choice

It seems like a 98% chance Hughes is going to Jersey . I leave 2% for the chance of a terrible injury to Hughes or if he holds out for a specific team. Kakko cant do anything to pass Hughes

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
such a weak shot lol...

It is weak. But shot is also something that is pretty easy to get better at. Also something to remember: Hughes is still really weak physically. His shot will get better and won't be that much of a problem in his career.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
No question the skating ability is there. But I do have some questions about his decision making as he doesn’t seem to utilize his teammates as much as he should. And his shot... thankfully that can get fixed.

I can see him putting up 50-60 next year in the show.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
No question the skating ability is there. But I do have some questions about his decision making as he doesn’t seem to utilize his teammates as much as he should. And his shot... thankfully that can get fixed.

I can see him putting up 50-60 next year in the show.
I would be absolutely shocked if he chooses to go in next year. One year of college or Canadian juniors to put on 10 or 20 pounds of muscle would be wise like his brother did.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
How many 18-year-olds who weighed less than 170 pounds have ever played in NHL?

It doesn't matter, its a different game now but Patrick Kane was 18 and his weight was about 150, not that it matters..... I think you need to watch Jack Hughes play more..... Skinner made Carolina at 18 and was very slight of frame as well.... I don't think Duchene was any physical Giant when he made Colorado at 18 either. More than you think I guess would be my answer.... and Hughes is more talented than Duchene and Skinner plus the game has changed, I think he will be alright. Having said that I wouldn't be against sending him to the AHL around World Junior time.... :D:D:D:D

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
How many 18-year-olds who weighed less than 170 pounds have ever played in NHL?
He’s 17 and listed at 166 pounds. He has nearly 6 months to surpass the arbitrary weight limit you made. Pettersson just ripped up the league at 6-2 175 lbs. Brayden Point is 5-10 165 and just had 92 points. The league is different.

Not sure I’m engaging with one of you weird ass Finnish stalkers anyway.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
You would be shocked if the first overall pick plays in the NHL next year?
I might just be getting too old and not want to believe that a kid 6 months from being a 2002 might be playing in the NHL lol.
Quinn got two years at Michigan to get ready and could see the family wanting a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad