Signing(s): C.J. Mosley to New York Jets (5 Years/$85MM $51MM Guaranteed)

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Like the player but that's a lotta money.

One thing's for sure, Gregg Williams and this defense isn't going to mess around. Likely to get a strong defensive player in the draft as well, so I'll have much higher expectations of the defense this year than I have the last 2 years.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Like the player but that's a lotta money.

One thing's for sure, Gregg Williams and this defense isn't going to mess around. Likely to get a strong defensive player in the draft as well, so I'll have much higher expectations of the defense this year than I have the last 2 years.
Comes down to Structure. Jets have darnold for 3 more years on the rookie deal And still have option to exercise the 5th year option at around $20 million or so that season. I’m sure these deals for Mosley and Barr are set up to not have any dead cap when it comes time to extend Darnold.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Comes down to Structure. Jets have darnold for 3 more years on the rookie deal And still have option to exercise the 5th year option at around $20 million or so that season. I’m sure these deals for Mosley and Barr are set up to not have any dead cap when it comes time to extend Darnold.

Well, now Barr backed out and went back to Minnesota. :laugh:

I'm fine with that, they were taking a risk at putting him in a position he hadn't played in the pros. With our draft pick, hopefully we get a quality pass rush player and can bring in Paradis at center and Bell still somehow.

I like Mosley better as a player than Barr also.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The Seahawks GM probably threw up when he heard about this. If Mosley gets 17m per, how much is Wagner worth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->