C Hendrix Lapierre - (2020, 22nd, WSH)

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
He was drafted 1st overall by Chicoutimi I’m surprised there isn’t much discussion about him. Anyone know anything about this kid? How does he stack up for the 2020 draft?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
IfZe.gif

And yes, his name is partially inspired by Jimi Hendrix. :laugh:

Partially inspired? I don't know of too many other potential sources of inspiration who spell that name with an X at the end.

aigledefeu

Oct 30, 2011
quebec
He was interviewed right after thé draft and he Said (in french) that it was awesome to be drafted by Rimouski :laugh:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
IfZe.gif

Partially inspired? I don't know of too many other potential sources of inspiration who spell that name with an X at the end.

Lapierre :

« Mes parents se sont inspirés un peu de Jimi Hendrix, mais ce n'est pas vraiment pour ça que je m'appelle comme ça. Ils trouvaient surtout ça original. »

Hendrix Lapierre: un nom à retenir

"My parents were inspired a bit by Jimi Hendrix, but that's not really why I'm called like that. They thought it was original."

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Agreed one of the reasons I’m pulling for him lol Do you have anything on him Lays? He seems really under hyped for a 1st overall draft pick.
I don’t really pay attention to guys in the next draft. So much can change that it’s almost pointless, I start really getting into it the year of the draft. Only guys I’ve seen in the 2020 draft are Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz and a little of Rossi

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Great skater, fast and strong edge work as well , this guy is an excellent playmaker who can finish if needed.

Haven't seen him personally but scouts I have talked to like his upside as both a Q and NHL prospect.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Watched him all year and was by far my favorite in Midget AAA. Elite playmaker, excellent creativity offensively. Has great speed and hands and is dangerous off the rush. Love his overall game as well, he's a pickpocket who plays the game the right way. Not very physical but protects the puck well, has progressed a lot during the year. I think he has great upside, but we'll have to see how it translates to the Q level. Can't wait to see him again.

Reactions: 99664987

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Listed at 6'0 and 166 lbs on the QMJHL website now

Seems like he is having a great camp with Chicoutimi. Having seen his progress since Bantam, I believe Lapierre can be talked as a potential top-10 pick in 2020. He does everything well on the ice, has elite offensive skills and hockey sense, and is developping at a rapid pace.

Reactions: 99664987

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What an awful name. Sounds like one of those auto-generated names for the later drafts in NHL 19.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
10 points in his first 8 games. 1g 9 a I take it he’s more of a playmaker?Anyone watching him? I’d love to hear about how he’s playing.

Definitely more of a playmaker, he doesn't shoot a lot. Very creative player with the puck who could develop a solid two-way game as well. I've only watched him a couple times in the Q and his hockey sense shone through every time he stepped on the ice. Love him.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Almost the same stat line as Lafrenière while being half a year younger. Top 10 potential for 2020?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Lafreniere vs. Lapierre. Battle of the "La's".

In all serious, I can see this guy going in the top 15 of the 2020 draft if he continues to grow a few centimeters and grow as a player.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
download.php

Name: Hendrix Lapierre
DOB: 2002-02-09
Draft: 2018 QMJHL Draft 1st overall (Chicoutimi Saguenéens)
Position: Center/Winger
Shoots: Left
Height: 6 feet tall
Weight: 160 pounds

2018-2019 stats: 3 goals, 11 assists, 14 points (1.40 ppg)
- currently injured - - last game in the QMHHL 18th of last month -
- was selected to the u17 -

Goal ( 1:02 ) QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Assist (1:15) QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
PP Assist (0:11), PP Goal (0:30)
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
PP Goal, GWG (0:04)
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Assist ( 0:25 )

An interview: #Our18: Hendrix Lapierre interview – QMJHL

If anyone has more info, seen his games, please do tell.

Reactions: d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2