C Grant Mismash - USNTDP, USHL (2017, 61st, NSH, traded to TB)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Another American prospect to keep an eye on from the USNTDP program.

usa_46_grant_mismash_ep.jpg

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=269306

Last edited:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
both really good players. saw them both at the usa hockey select 15 camp and knew right then that they would be high-end picks in 2017.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
both really good players.

???
Mismash was always a strong player. Haven't kept up with him much since he went to Shattuck. Decent size( I'm guessing he'll end up about 6'1"), some physicality, good skater, really good shot, aggressive offensively. At the same age, I liked his game better than Bellows. Better skater, for sure.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
reedy, for me, was the better of the two (by a hair) at the select 15 camp. which was obviously two years ago. sounds like now mismash might be a bit better now. because clearly a lot can (and does) change over those two years with kids.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Final words on Mismash before the draft? He takes a lot of PIM, but put numbers whenever he plays.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Final words on Mismash before the draft? He takes a lot of PIM, but put numbers whenever he plays.

Power forward with a great shot who makes plays. Likely the first NTDPer off the board, somewhere in the late first, early second. Think the PIM had a lot to do with the team identity. This was a physical, in-your-face version and it seemed like they were always causing havoc after the whistle. The NCAA games were very physical, nasty.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Power forward with a great shot who makes plays. Likely the first NTDPer off the board, somewhere in the late first, early second. Think the PIM had a lot to do with the team identity. This was a physical, in-your-face version and it seemed like they were always causing havoc after the whistle. The NCAA games were very physical, nasty.

Thank you very much!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Barratt, Norris and Farrance should all go ahead of Mismash (Gildon might as well even tho i'm not a big fan of his), don't think he had a good season tbh. Personally I wouldn't pick him before the 3rd round.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Barratt, Norris and Farrance should all go ahead of Mismash (Gildon might as well even tho i'm not a big fan of his), don't think he had a good season tbh. Personally I wouldn't pick him before the 3rd round.

Having a better season doesn't make you a better pro prospect.

Mismash led the NTDP in scoring and was their top line wing. Also was second in U18 WC scoring behind Dhooghe. Central scouting had him first among all NTDPers.

Doubtful he slips to the third. Late first to mid-second his likely draft position.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Having a better season doesn't make you a better pro prospect.

Mismash led the NTDP in scoring and was their top line wing. Also was second in U18 WC scoring behind Dhooghe. Central scouting had him first among all NTDPers.

Doubtful he slips to the third. Late first to mid-second his likely draft position.

I can definitely see him slipping to the third as well. Not because of what he is or can be, but rather because he's the type of player where you can always find someone else you like a little bit better. Going into the early second round, teams might all have Mismash top five on their respective lists, but as a whole they have 30 players ranked ahead of him and he just keeps dropping.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

I guess it worked out that Nashville got Farrance in the third after taking Mismash in the second, then ;)

Honestly, I don't know much about this kid...can someone describe his game..strengths, weaknesses, NHL comparable?

Saw he's a UND commit, glad he's going to a strong program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad