C German Rubtsov (2016, 22nd, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It will only hurt his stock due to the opportunity of exposure he lost. I would think most teams had there eye on scouting top Russians at the U-18 WJC, as its difficult to get access in Russia. Plus more scouts from all regions congregate at it. Annoying blow Rubstov was probably the player I was most curious about (along with Jost, Fabbro, and 16 year olds) as most others I've been able to catch a game or two of.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Will teams take a chance on a player who's been caught doping though? Regardless what it is, doping is serious. I'm not sure no matter how much I liked a player's potential that I'd take a "caught doper" in the first round.

It enhances his oxygen not like it makes him any less skilled, he did just fine in his hockey career for all the years before. It wouldn't make any difference to me.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
It enhances his oxygen not like it makes him any less skilled, he did just fine in his hockey career for all the years before. It wouldn't make any difference to me.

Does not change it for me either. But he might fall to around 23-25 due to lack of exposure.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It will only hurt his stock due to the opportunity of exposure he lost. I would think most teams had there eye on scouting top Russians at the U-18 WJC, as its difficult to get access in Russia. Plus more scouts from all regions congregate at it. Annoying blow Rubstov was probably the player I was most curious about (along with Jost, Fabbro, and 16 year olds) as most others I've been able to catch a game or two of.

Yep. This will hit the russian U18 players hard. The lack of exposure will probably mean a lot of them will go undrafted. The U18's is probably the single most important event for these guys, as scouts rarely seem to watch these kids outside of international tournaments. Not getting the chance to showcase their talents must really hurt. Obviously a guy like Rubtsov is pretty much unaffected but there's plenty of other guys that will miss out.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Will teams take a chance on a player who's been caught doping though? Regardless what it is, doping is serious. I'm not sure no matter how much I liked a player's potential that I'd take a "caught doper" in the first round.

If I understand correctly, meldonium is not a doping by WADA classification, but rather a 'banned substance'.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Good opportunity for some teams to pick up talented Russians later than where they were earlier ranked. Unless this hurts their development via suspensions etc. (which I have not seen mentioned anywhere), I would not worry about it too much as a GM.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com

I don't think it will hurt him. Teams I have spoken to know who he is as a player. He's not a kid who just came on to the radar recently. He's been know for a while.

Junior A Challenge didn't hurt him any.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Who cares about "his stock"? "His stock" for what? Being drafted by some bad team?

KarIgo87

Rider on the Storm
May 22, 2015
Moscow
He wasn't "caught", it was an internal doping test, not WADA's. And this so-called doping has banned only since Jan 1st and nobody knows how long it takes to get it off the system.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I don't think it will hurt him. Teams I have spoken to know who he is as a player. He's not a kid who just came on to the radar recently. He's been know for a while.

NHL teams will found out all information every prospect so not best possible start for his NHL dreams to get caught for using illegal heart medicine.
I'm sure every NHL GM and scout knows about this case already.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For me, he's the 5th best prospect in this draft. He's very underrated, but these off the ice things sometimes drop prospects draft stock.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I mean that it only limits his ability to improve his stock. Many have used the U-18 to cement being a higher pick, he now doesn't have that opportunity. A strong tourny could push him ahead of McLeod and Keller for example.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
This kid's a beast with or without a marginally-effective substance.

Best two-way center in the draft. Legit two-way center who's dominant in his own end.

Only reason he'll fall is that he's going to be with Chaika and then Torpedo for a while.

This kid falling into the hands of A young contender like Tampa - as we say in Brooklyn: fugghedaboutit

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

Best two-way center in the draft. Legit two-way center who's dominant in his own end.

Only reason he'll fall is that he's going to be with Chaika and then Torpedo for a while.

This kid falling into the hands of A young contender like Tampa - as we say in Brooklyn: fugghedaboutit

He's a better two way C than Matthews?:amazed:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

Rubtsov is part of the Vityaz organization, not Torpedo.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I mean that it only limits his ability to improve his stock. Many have used the U-18 to cement being a higher pick, he now doesn't have that opportunity. A strong tourny could push him ahead of McLeod and Keller for example.

I don't know how the most of the NHL teams will take his illegal substance use, but I could definitely see at least some teams not choosing him because of what happened. If for not any other reason, at least for the sake of being afraid of bad image and pr reasons. I myself would definitely not pick this kind of player at all, for ethical reasons. I wouldn't want on my team people whom have at least recent proven history of illegal actions.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
He wasn't "caught", it was an internal doping test, not WADA's. And this so-called doping has banned only since Jan 1st and nobody knows how long it takes to get it off the system.

Meldonium poistuu elimistöstä melko nopeasti erittymällä munuaisten kautta virtsaan pääosin sellaisenaan. Annoksesta ja käytön pituudesta riippuen meldoniumin pitoisuudet veriplasmassa puolittuvat aina 6–14 tunnin välein (9). Käytännössä meldonium näkyy dopingtesteissä 2–4 vuorokautta käytön lopettamisen jälkeen.

WADAn urheilussa kiellettyjen aineiden ja menetelmien listassa meldonium kuuluu ryhmään S 4.5 â€Aineenvaihduntaan vaikuttavat modulaattoritâ€. Nämä ovat kiellettyjä sekä kilpailuissa että kilpailujen ulkopuolella. Ne eivät ole â€erikseen määriteltyjä aineita†ja niiden käytöstä seuraamus on tavallisesti neljän (4) vuoden urheilun toimintakielto.

Timo Seppälä
Suomen urheilun eettinen keskus SUEK ry
Suomen antidopingtoimikunta ADT
lääketieteellinen johtaja

Quick translation of the important part: Meldonium is visible in doping tests 2-4 days after using it. Depending on the dose and length of use the concentration is halved every 6-14 hours in plasma.

Source is Finnish sports ethical center and Finnish anti-doping board medical chief Timo Seppälä.

KarIgo87

Rider on the Storm
May 22, 2015
Moscow
Meldonium poistuu elimistöstä melko nopeasti erittymällä munuaisten kautta virtsaan pääosin sellaisenaan. Annoksesta ja käytön pituudesta riippuen meldoniumin pitoisuudet veriplasmassa puolittuvat aina 6–14 tunnin välein (9). Käytännössä meldonium näkyy dopingtesteissä 2–4 vuorokautta käytön lopettamisen jälkeen.

WADAn urheilussa kiellettyjen aineiden ja menetelmien listassa meldonium kuuluu ryhmään S 4.5 ”Aineenvaihduntaan vaikuttavat modulaattorit”. Nämä ovat kiellettyjä sekä kilpailuissa että kilpailujen ulkopuolella. Ne eivät ole ”erikseen määriteltyjä aineita” ja niiden käytöstä seuraamus on tavallisesti neljän (4) vuoden urheilun toimintakielto.

Timo Seppälä
Suomen urheilun eettinen keskus SUEK ry
Suomen antidopingtoimikunta ADT
lääketieteellinen johtaja

Quick translation of the important part: Meldonium is visible in doping tests 2-4 days after using it. Depending on the dose and length of use the concentration is halved every 6-14 hours in plasma.

Source is Finnish sports ethical center and Finnish anti-doping board medical chief Timo Seppälä.
We already know that this information (2-4 days) is total BS from meldonium manufacturer. It takes at least several months to take it off the system. In biathlon they've already put the brakes on this situation until necessary studies about how long it takes to get meldonium off the system will be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->