C Francesco Pinelli - Kitchener Rangers OHL (2021, 42nd, LAK)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Pinelli played his best all round game yesterday. Didn't score (probably could have had a couple) however he was extremely active in the neutral zone and D-zone. Looked far more mature than his age.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Where is this guy playing with Kitchener? He was playing as a left-winger for Canada, but is listed as a center here.

I thought he had the best set of skills and was probably the best all-around prospect on the ice in the Canada-Russia game. Very noticeable in his forechecking, I agree about the work ethic comment above, and he has the size and skating to go along with the obvious offensive ability with 12 points in 13 games to start the season in the OHL. I can definitely see why he's off to such a fast start in his D-2 season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's talked about as a top-half of the first caliber of prospect a year from now.

Mar 12, 2009
Where is this guy playing with Kitchener? He was playing as a left-winger for Canada, but is listed as a center here.

I thought he had the best set of skills and was probably the best all-around prospect on the ice in the Canada-Russia game. Very noticeable in his forechecking, I agree about the work ethic comment above, and he has the size and skating to go along with the obvious offensive ability with 12 points in 13 games to start the season in the OHL. I can definitely see why he's off to such a fast start in his D-2 season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's talked about as a top-half of the first caliber of prospect a year from now.
He's been playing left wing with Kitchener, mostly on the top line with Meireless and Yantsis. Had PP1 time for the first half of his games, then was moved off of it for some reason. Even when he's not on the board he's looked good with good positioning, getting sticks in lanes and causing turnovers on the forecheck and defensively. Kitchener is fairly deep on center so I think he'll be there most of this year but I can see him transitioning to C next season (we lose our top 2 Cs to graduation).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

So far he has played on the wing beside Damiani or Meirelles but with injuries he has also played at C. My guess is the plan for next year is he will be a C, just letting him grow his game on the wing bside an older O player for now.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Mar 12, 2009
With the trade additions he's been moved from wing to his natural position of center on the 3rd line. His offensive production has been nice, but I've been even more impressed with how well rounded his game is away from the puck at such a young age.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Nice. He’s inside my top 10 as well. Very underrated at this point, IMO.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He is certainly good, a top 15 talent even, but 6 seems high. I am a fan of his game. Great 2-way player. Played most of last year on the wing, but should be a full-time center this year. Projects there long term.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy has really impressed me at the U18. Get him some better linemates, please.

He's going to probably go 5-15 slots lower than he should because he hasn't played this year, but he's a talented player that I think with a full draft season could've found his way into the top 10.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
He's going to probably go 5-15 slots lower than he should because he hasn't played this year, but he's a talented player that I think with a full draft season could've found his way into the top 10.
Not the greatest level of competition, but he did get some playing time in Slovenia this year. 15 games including 2 in the playoffs.

I like his game. I've seen the Cirelli comparison used and I think it's pretty accurate if Pinelli can improve his skating. He'll likely end up around 15-20 on my list.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Player of the Game for Canada against the Swiss - three goals and an apple, and is now tied for the lead in tournament scoring with 7 points in 3 games. Maybe now he’ll finally start getting some of the attention he deserves, especially considering there’s so much more to his game than just points.

Last edited:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I don't understand the knocks in his game. He seems to be a top 20 prospect easily, even when he played overseas. Has an elite offensive ability

Reactions: PeterCheater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad