Prospect Info: C Dillon Dube, 56th overall

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If I were to guess I'd say that by the end of 2020 one of Dube, Mangiapane or Bennett are on the 2nd line, while the other two are on the 3rd line with Derek Ryan.

If Janko has another year where he can't do f*** all 5 on 5, I think Dube takes the 3rd line center role late next year or early 2021.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
If I were to guess I'd say that by the end of 2020 one of Dube, Mangiapane or Bennett are on the 2nd line, while the other two are on the 3rd line with Derek Ryan.

If Janko has another year where he can't do **** all 5 on 5, I think Dube takes the 3rd line center role late next year or early 2021.

Pairing Dube with a guy like Ryan where they split center duties based on taking the faceoffs on their strong side would be a good way to get him acclimated imo

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Not sure if he makes the team out of camp, but I have no doubt he will be on the big team by the end of the year. Either because of injuries or lighting up the A.
Kid had some bad puck luck last year, but gets to the right areas, has a great motor,
I think he could be a big part of this team in a few years.
Or a few months!? Hopefully he surprises & progresses more quickly in finding a higher game at this level very soon! He has a kinda undrr-rated skill set and could rise to higher levels play and success sooner than expected. Ya just never know with mosstyoung players at the NHL level.
With Tkachuk out of the mix right now, a great possible opportunity for Dubes to run with more minutes and higher in the line-up.

Reactions: Schred

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Based on the current roster I think these are the probable Flame fwd line combinations assuming that Tkachuk doesn't sign in the near future, Frolik is still with the Flames, and assuming that the Flames run with 13 fwds & 7 d-men.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Bennett - Backlund- Frolik
Dube/Mangiapane - Ryan - Czarnik
Lucic - Jankowski - Quine

I think that Dube will force the Flames, because of his play, to make room for him on the roster or at least until Tkachuk returns. Once Tkachuk returns Dube will likely be sent to Stockton even if he deserves not to.. (very similar to the Jankowski situation a few years ago) and will have to wait until there's an injury that makes room for him.
Mangiapane is here to stay with the Flames as there is no way they waive him to Stockton and risk the likely probability that he's claimed.
Czarnik will be on the team, unless he's traded in some trade involving Brodie, as he has three things going for him... He's a RH shot, his speed, and those two lovely goals that he scored the other night.
Quine is playing well and its unlikely the Flames will risk losing him through waivers.
Unless Lucic shows more than he has so far, I don't see him playing on any other line than the 4th.
I think any PTO's that the Flames sign will likely be signed to 2-way contracts and will start the season in Stockton.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Or a few months!? Hopefully he surprises & progresses more quickly in finding a higher game at this level very soon! He has a kinda undrr-rated skill set and could rise to higher levels play and success sooner than expected. Ya just never know with mosstyoung players at the NHL level.
With Tkachuk out of the mix right now, a great possible opportunity for Dubes to run with more minutes and higher in the line-up.
So happy that the kid is showing well so far! Seems like he is motivated to make the team out of camp, and hard to find any holes in his game (granted it is still early preseason). Finding a way on the scoreboard while playing good 2 way hockey. Looks like a very versatile player that could play on any line this year as he rarely takes a shift off, doesnt shy away from the greasy areas and seems to have settled some nerves he had early last year.

Hard to find any glaring holes in Doobs game so far and seems like a very humble, hard-working kid that will only improve with experience.
I know he was/is a Flames fan, so couldn't be happier for the kid!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It would honestly be an excellent situation for the Flames if he can play on the topline and produce. Lindholm slides down and plays with Tkachuk and Bennett and that gives us a super deep top 9. Then you go Eat Bread, Backs and Fro on the 3rd.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It would honestly be an excellent situation for the Flames if he can play on the topline and produce. Lindholm slides down and plays with Tkachuk and Bennett and that gives us a super deep top 9. Then you go Eat Bread, Backs and Fro on the 3rd.
I agree, but expecting a 21 year old (July 20 birthday) rookie playing on his off side to hold his own (offensively and defensively) playing on the Flames top line might be expecting a little too much too soon.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree, but expecting a 21 year old (July 20 birthday) rookie playing on his off side to hold his own (offensively and defensively) playing on the Flames top line might be expecting a little too much too soon.

Typically that would be the case, but I think Dube has really elevated his status with the Flames. He is a good all around player and can skate with anyone. Kids come into the league now more and more prepared than ever and if he isn't ready already, he is very close to being able to handle that type of work load.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I really believe in Dube as a prospect.
I think he could become a Brayden Point type player for Calgary (not the 90+ point guy, but the 60 some guy), give the chance.

I think if he continues to impress, you gotta give him some minutes come regular season; it also lets you distribute the wealth a bit in terms of moving your depth down the line a bit. This Flames team is built deep, we just need Chucky to sign and the willingness to test different combos.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Give the kid a chance at top 6

It's not like we are loaded up there

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Typically that would be the case, but I think Dube has really elevated his status with the Flames. He is a good all around player and can skate with anyone. Kids come into the league now more and more prepared than ever and if he isn't ready already, he is very close to being able to handle that type of work load.

So yes, give him a good look higher in the lineup and see what he can show.
Maybe shake up or wake upJohnny and Money?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->